Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just took the plunge & put in the standard height monotubes. I honestly didn't expect to notice anything. WOW! My bike feels like it's hugging the road now. Well worth the money. BTW got them at a great price from Hogpro. Install was easy. If you're thinking about buying, I recommend it. I know, it's nothing new, but I've been on the fence for a while about buying it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Do you have to drop the tubes or can you just pull out old springs and drop in monotubes?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to drop the tubes. Have to remove the bottom bolt that holds the dampner in & remove that too_Only took about 3-4 hours. Wasn't hard. YouTube has some good videos if you run into a snag or want to double check yourself. The best $300 I've spent on my bike lately.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
I agree. I have to 1" drop mono tubes. What a difference. Best overall improvement is with braking. The control you get is amazing. Especially if you have ABS linked brakes.

Reactions: Jacksprat56

·
Registered
498 Posts
I installed the Progressive Mono Tubes n the front and the 944's in the rear. I love the ride so far. The fronts were a lot easier to do than I expected. I was a little paranoid the first few rides because I did the work myself.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Just took the plunge & put in the standard height monotubes. I honestly didn't expect to notice anything. WOW! My bike feels like it's hugging the road now. Well worth the money. BTW got them at a great price from Hogpro. Install was easy. If you're thinking about buying, I recommend it. I know, it's nothing new, but I've been on the fence for a while about buying it.
I was wondering if you feel like the ride from a "comfort" perspective is better. My '15 rgs bottoms out a lot & jars the crap out of my back; (I know I need to do something to the rears). Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I find the rears to be more plush yet at the same time hug the road and stay planted on the ground better. My lower back used to take a beating on the stock shocks. I would say the 944's absorb and lessen about 85% of the stuff that would normal jar my lower back. There are still those bumps in the road that no shock can help. As for the fronts the best benefit I see so far is the no diving of the front forks when braking. The other thing I do notice is how well it handles the little bumps. The stock front end you could read brail on a book with, because you felt every crack or road imperfection.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stock rear so far for me. As far as comfort goes on front, no nose diving, hugs the road & small bumps don't jar the bike or me. Some have said it felt stiffer & they felt every crack in the road after adding the monotubes. I wouldn't say it is stiff but firm if that makes sense. I tried heavy fork oil before this mod & that was definitely stiff, on the border of losing grip in rough turns. This feels like the front is staying planted & I have more control. I had a problem of my engine guard hitting the back of my front fender & putting a nice crease in it. So far no hitting( I have purposely ridden over spots that would previously cause a hit). It feels like a bike should feel on the road.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts