Road Glide banner

Why didn't I do this sooner?...

6K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  Effenglide 
#1 ·
After almost two years of enjoying my sweet RGU. I changed the stock bars to the heritage bars since I'm about to to a 1400 mile road trip. OMG! It's like a different bike. No more pain in the back and it just nice to seat there and control the bike effortlessly.
This is the best mod ever!

#3 ·
Many RG riders seem to really like the Heritage bars. I thought about them myself at one point, but decided to go with some 10" baby apes instead. Definite improvement over the stock bars as well.

#6 ·
I think HD should have had these bars as the bars that comes with the RGU to start with. With the heritage bars you have the correct position of a touring bike, rather than the fun but impractical "bad ass, look-at-me position with the stock bars"

#12 ·
my only concern is, does that put your hands in back into the wind? I freeze my hands when it's 20 and I'm riding home from work at night,on my dyna I used hand shields.

#14 ·
You need to get "heritage style" bars for the RG, not bars off a Heritage Softail. They're in the HD catalog.... $80. Definitely a good investment of you're not into apes but need something better than stock.

#18 · (Edited)
Stock cables work fine no extensions needed. Old sensors work fine. Great time to put new grips as left stock grip would be a bitch to get off intact.

#19 ·
The heritage 'style' bar was the first thing I changed on my new RGC. I traded in a heritage so I knew the difference would be substantial. The stock bars looked cool and all but I'm old enough to know looks ain't shit when you've got a muscle tension headache and your shoulders hurt for 2 days after a trip. Having had carpal tunnel release on both hands a few years ago, the right hand didn't do as well after surgery and still goes numb, if put in the wrong position. With the stock bars, the hand was numb in 10 miles - but with the higher bars pulled closer to me, the numbness doesn't kick in til about 30 miles, lmao, and by then, I'm on the road and use the cruise control.

Nothing changes but the bars - lines and cables reach just fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.