Road Glide banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
It sounds really nice I had an interesting conversation in 2017 I was at the Harley Museum in Milwaukee sitting at the family table with my wife a guy and his wife and two kids came in and sat down it was September he said he was from Appleton Wisconsin and just moved back from Florida I was upset because the riding season was coming to an end he said he lived in Florida for five years took his motorcycle down with him and rode it everywhere work, the grocery, hardware store for nuts and bolts,He said he realized that he had lost the joy of riding. Said that living in Wisconsin not being able to ride for five months out of the year allowed him to have two Christmases a year. Made me realize I like Florida I visit Florida but I ride the Midwest And we leave our bikes in winter storage. Maybe after I retire I’ll change my mind but like you say finding the right place is important
For sure, I agree. Florida isn't for everyone. I'm just thankful that it looked like the right place for me and 4 years later I'm still loving living here. The other advantages here that I didn't get into on this thread but have mentioned in others, is that it's a lot cheaper living here than anywhere I had lived before; it's also much easier living than up north. My heat and A/C hadn't run for about 3 months now, but we had high humidity the last couple days so I put the air on to dry it our as much as to cool it. Nice to not have heating/air conditioning costs for 4- 5 months of the year.

·
7,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I am close to pissing off the neighbors with one of these one day......just one fix man, just one

Levi LeVallee is one gonzo MF'r . Been watching him race and stunt and compete in X games on TV for years. He's from Minnesota if my memory serves me right. I know he owns the world record for jumping his snow sled over 400 feet. That's a long time to be in the air on something as heavy as a sled.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
What I like about Florida ..... cold beer..... women in small swim suits......plenty of golf courses.......ride all year on some great roads if you know the state......Bob, Fuzzy and Bevis are here...... what am I missing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
What I like about Florida ..... cold beer..... women in small swim suits......plenty of golf courses.......ride all year on some great roads if you know the state......Bob, Fuzzy and Bevis are here...... what am I missing

Yes...Oh Hell Yes...Oh Yeah!!!

·
Registered
515 Posts
What’s the best side of Tennessee, East? Tennessee is on my short list of states to retire to.
The further east, the better, generally speaking. Avoid Memphis. Nashville is great but real estate and traffic are issues. I like the the Cumberland Plateau area, (Grandville, Celina. Cookeville, Crossville, Jamestown, Wartburg}. Primo riding, cheap living there. I plan to retire in the Knoxville area.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
With pictures like that you will get Fuzzy’s motor running

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Is there anyway I can "Unsee" that?

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
It sounds really nice I had an interesting conversation in 2017 I was at the Harley Museum in Milwaukee sitting at the family table with my wife a guy and his wife and two kids came in and sat down it was September he said he was from Appleton Wisconsin and just moved back from Florida I was upset because the riding season was coming to an end he said he lived in Florida for five years took his motorcycle down with him and rode it everywhere work, the grocery, hardware store for nuts and bolts,He said he realized that he had lost the joy of riding. Said that living in Wisconsin not being able to ride for five months out of the year allowed him to have two Christmases a year. Made me realize I like Florida I visit Florida but I ride the Midwest And we leave our bikes in winter storage. Maybe after I retire I’ll change my mind but like you say finding the right place is important
I think that happens to me if am stuck in the area without the weekend excursions off somewhere and a few multi-day trips a year. But, when I was riding every day and everywhere I could easily justify a full garage of different genre of motorcycles.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
The east side since the road is closer to the lake. Of course limited viewing points.
It's like that around the whole Lake with the dike. The best place to view is stopping on top of the bridge at port Myakka.

·
7,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #53

Missing? The great variety of live music you can see 7 days a week here, especially in season. I'm drawn to live Blues performances like a moth to a flame, and many of the biggest names in Blues music tour through Florida (or spend the winter here) in the winter months.

·
7,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #54

·
7,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #55

·
Registered
87 Posts
Was visiting my daughter in Port Charlotte last October, decided to see if there were any local bike nights i could check out. Found the "Cape Bike Night" and thought i'd hang with a few bikers - boy was i surprised!

·
Registered
512 Posts
I look at it this way .... Up north we ride March to October (8 months). Down south you guys ride September to April (8 months). It all works out. Best of all worlds is to retire with somewhere to stay in each direction. Else us Northerners will be showing off our riding this summer when you guys are all sitting in your air conditioning and avoiding that god-awful humidity.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have been lucky to ride in the Keys a couple of times.

That is kind of funny down that far, beautiful scenery, but its almost the same discussion on the ride every time.

Come to the end of the lane on route 1 and pick left or right...lol

41 - 60 of 90 Posts