Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running a Metzler 120/70-21 ME880 on the front. I am experiencing cupping on the left side of the tire. Has anyone else had this happen? I find it hard to blame it on the Metz but I'm stumped. BTW I am not experiencing any front end wobble.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
My first guess is under inflated tires typically show signs of cupping. If it's the left side of the tire my next guess is from the crown in the roads you ride. Asphalt is layed with a crown to help water shed off the surface. That's my two cents.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I had the same problem with an Avon Venom and was told it was tire pressure also. I kept a better watch on it and it seemed to be better on the next tire.

·
Registered
275 Posts
This may sound stupid, but is your tire on the right way? May want to check and make sure the tire is rotating in the right direction.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Front tire cupping is normally assoicated with low tire pressure.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the input so far, but I am anal about tire pressure keeping it at 40-42 psi. I check pressures at least once a week. Also since I do mostly touring style riding, I ride a lot of different roads (in reference to road crown).

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'm a stickler on my tire pressure. I just watch the wear of the tire and I am constantly adjusting my tire pressure. I know several guys who have had Avon's and Metzlers and they have not gotten they wear or mileage as I have on the Dunlops, and some others that run Michelins. I got 13,000+ miles on my Original rear Dunlop 407 on my 10 RGC. Hard to beat that!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts