Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Plenty of guys on this site have talked about relocating there antenna in there fairing on their Rushmores and I thought I would add a different way other then in the fairing or moving it down with the other kit that Harley offers. I have also read that some guys are having terrible reception after relocating in their fairing. What I did is I purchased a Harley flexible short antenna and just flexed it forward and placed it under the four point docking unit. I have been doing this for sometime now, now that I have a detachable Razor pack and not only do I still get great reception but I don't have to relocate the anntena in the faring or under the seat or relocated it down further. Here are two pictures showing what I did. I have had several guys say wow why didn't I think of that. By the way, the anntena doesn't effect my wife at all while riding two up.
Swomack

·
Registered
80 Posts
Looks good...I keep wanting to do something with mine. I wonder with all the safety product recalls, why HD hasn't changed the antennae just on the possibility of someone poking out and eye :nerd:

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
That's what I do when I place my cover on the bike.
I've never tried it while riding but I rarely listen to the FM as I have XM and an Ipod on my Ride.
I'll hafta give it a try tonight when I leave work for home.
Mike U.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
When I uncovered my bike last night I left the antenna under the docking hardware and rode home.
I put on the FM and had no problem at all receiving the channels.
I don't mind my antenna showing when I'm riding so I won't leave it under the docking hardware.
It's just nice to know that it works there tough
Mike U.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Thanks for sharing what looks like a great idea. If only I had a Special. Ultras are a little different, and as far as I'm concerned, not in a good way when it comes to the rear end. Mine has the removable tour pak. The kit came with a hokey pokey antenna relocation kit, that attaches to the bottom rear bracket making fugly even fuglier. Started to opt for the fairing relocation kit, and tech said same thing; they suck. Obviously reception depends on the area you're riding in as well as signal strength of nearby radio stations. Anyway, he said the alternative was to run the antenna along the frame and under the gas tank, so I went that route. Outta sight, outta mind, and oh yeah, reception sucks, but not at the cost of the fairing relocation kit. When I want music, I just listen to music I've downloaded to a thumb drive.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Which short antenna did you buy, the shorty they sell for road glides and street glides or the flexible antenna for tour packs? What is the part number of the antenna you bought?

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Which short antenna did you buy, the shorty they sell for road glides and street glides or the flexible antenna for tour packs? What is the part number of the antenna you bought?
Sorry Man but I don't have the part number.
It is a Harley short flex antenna and every dealership sells them right off the rack.
Swomack

·
Registered
611 Posts
I bought the same antenna about 2 years ago from my local HD dealer. I have been bending it the same way when I have the luggage rack with luggage on my bike or it hits the side of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts