Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see alot of members disliking the 412 series but on my two previous bikes i installed them and replaced the air shocks and could not have been happier, i purchased the heavy duty version because im 235 and my ole lady is about 150 ,i set them on the 3rd adjustment and they were awesome ,no complaints here. Any feedback would be much appreciated thanks.:D

·
Registered
614 Posts
The 412 are a better shock than the stock ones but for only a little more the 440 or 940 are available and are a much better designed and performing shock, Progressive lists them in the catalog as 412 -Good, 440 - Best, 940 - Best. If you call Progressive Tech they lean towards the 940 since you get the travel of a 13' shock with the 12" ride height

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have the 12.5 412's on my fltrx and love them. I had them on my last glide too. Could not get myself to pay double for the 440, which after riding a buddy's, I couldn't notice much, if any, difference.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input,these are my 3rd set in my 3rd diffrent scoot and loved them on all,i agree i could not get myself to kick up the extra 2 hundo, never had an issue with them on any bike,my buddy had me put them on his 06 street glide also,very cool they come in blk. We are running 12 inch heavy duty shocks.:cool:

·
Registered
614 Posts
Thanks for the input,these are my 3rd set in my 3rd diffrent scoot and loved them on all,i agree i could not get myself to kick up the extra 2 hundo, never had an issue with them on any bike,my buddy had me put them on his 06 street glide also,very cool they come in blk. We are running 12 inch heavy duty shocks.:cool:
How inexpensive are the 412 ? I got my 940 for $459 delivered and 440 are available on EBay for about $400, are the 412 only in the $200 range?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Yes, I paid under $200 for mine from Eastern Performance. I think the going rate is 200 to 210 on the net.
Wow, thats a great price for a shock that seems to be better than the stock air set up

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I paid 204.95 with shipping including from direct harley parts.com great deal in my opinion,thats 250 bucks less ,alot of wood for other extras.:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts