Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Shark of the Month October 13
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
It must be true, it's on the internet.

Me, I might want to see how many calories of heat energy the body radiates per inch squared and compare that to the amount of calories the sun light applies to that same area. Then bias the clothing to defeat the higher of the two. I think direct sunlight will be the greater of the two.

Past that, I don't think the body cools very well via heat radiation when air temps are close to body temp. Thats why we sweat. So the materials ability to wick and evaporate moisture is probably more important than color.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
@SteadyEddie they didn’t mention plaid , I thought you said plaid was the cool color …..oh you meant like Fonzy cool , I get it

·
Registered
6,434 Posts
I wear long sleeves all summer. Spent my time in places where people dress like that. Leaned fast.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2010 FLTRX, 96 No Mo, Plain Jane
1,157 Posts
Ha not goin to point a finger, but I just dont think Fuzzy would look good in leggings,
But I could be wrong🤣🤣 also there should be a weight limit on leggings as well,
Bitch you weight 300 lbs you have no business wearing leggings 😬😬
As far as black shirts, they dam sure make a difference while riding the Harley!!
I love black shirts, I feel like Johnny Cash, I hear that train a commin, it's rolling around the bend..........
My wife still wears tight jeans, and loose tops, like Columbia shirts with collers.
We do alot of summertime riding, I may buy her a few black shirts for the ride to Shark Week.....

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Loose fitting is key. I wish someone would tell that to the ladies wearing leggings that shouldn’t be wearing leggings.
I've long said spandex is a privileged, not a right...

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
You all don’t like a fat moose knuckle 🤣🤣🤢

• Haha
Reactions: Traxx and '05Train

·
Registered
535 Posts

·
Shark of the Month October 13
11,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've got no dog in this fight. A bunch of us were involved in a lengthy discussion a couple weeks ago on here, and the whole concept of wearing black in very hot weather was not something I had heard of before. So I'm bouncing around several websites looking at articles and videos about the IOMTT and happen to run across that article. I don't know if it's right or wrong, but at least I now know what their logic was in saying that. Your results may vary.

Reactions: Traxx and dreeves

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
I can say that when I switched from a black FF helmet to a light grey one there was a noticeable difference in flat heat.

·
Registered
2015 FLTRUSE
28 Posts
Most folks know black both absorbs and radiates way more than white. For us riders it's more about air movement. A dark color is fine while moving, but you don't want to be sitting very long at a traffic light🥵!

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I got a HD sun jacket for Fathers Day. Pretty light weight and says its SPF 30. I have not tried it yet, but I'll be sure to let youens know how it is in the heat.

I have had a mesh jacket for years. For those summer runs on the big slab where I feel the need for some protection. And while its cooler than wearing a leather jacket, it still will leave you with a wet areas on your shirt. Some areas of it don't breath at all. And its miserable hot when the traffic backs up.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I wear long sleeves all summer. Spent my time in places where people dress like that. Leaned fast.
I had a fellow in the National Guard tell me this is what he learned also. Have you notice it to be true. I can't try it. I guess I should do research.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts