Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never had sound trouble before.

Over the winter I removed my hogtunes speakers and put Memphis car speakers with crossovers in. I didn't like them so I put the hogtunes back in. Also have a hogtunes amp and 2 small speakers in inner.

Now after the bike runs for about 10-15 mins the left upper hogtunes speaker stops working. After the bike sits it'll work again for a short time.

Could this be a bad connection on the speaker wire? I hope so. Everything else works normal and it sounds great when it works.

Help?

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Connections look fine. Thinking I hurt the amp. Its a Hogtunes 24.2. Gonna try it now that I cleaned and greased connections but probably gonna be looking for a used HT 24.2 unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
your not having a lot of luck lately are you?
Do I ever? Haha.

If I knew what all I would have put into thus bike, I would have bought a newer bike to be honest. BUT, its too late now so on the bright side I have a basically new bike that I am building 1 part at a time haha. I guess when it rains it pours. If I can ever afford a brand new one someday that thing will have warranties coming out if the tailpipe on it! (That way nothing will EVER break lol.)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Check crossover, mine failed and speaker went out
Switch crossover connection to check it

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Kyle, what the heck, black cloud over your head or what? :confused:maybe all that oil from the leak squirted up and shorted something jk. (not funny) Hope you get some good luck soon.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Had similar problem 2 years ago, it was the connections loosened up and I needed to crimp them little tighter to the speaker and that took care of it. Not familiar enough with the amp to comment there.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had similar problem 2 years ago, it was the connections loosened up and I needed to crimp them little tighter to the speaker and that took care of it. Not familiar enough with the amp to comment there.
This is what I just did so I'm hoping haha.

I already took the crossovers and Memphis speakers out. The hogtunes are back in. I think the problem started with putting the 4 ohm Memphis speakers in, the hogtunes are 2 ohm. I fear that those speakers worked the amp too hard. They were only in for 300 miles though.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nordic: that'll be funny once its all fixed haha.

Had to fix stripped fairing bolt hole too while at this. Jeez!

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
It will all be fixed soon, I hope the dealer does right by you. One thing is for sure, you'll get to know your bike inside out. Hopefully we'll get together and have a couple of cold ones and have a few laughs in PA. I'm really gonna try to make it, hectic month for me. Taking some time off to help my brother move to AZ and set up his new place in a week and should be back hopefully right after Memorial Day.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That'll work, I expect to see you the following weekend in State College!

I'll update my other thread with the dealers response in a bit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts