Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do people always chime in when someone has some thing for sale and etc. with you can get it cheaper Yada Yada Yada. If he wants 3 prices more that's his business, if someone is willing to pay it, that's his business. I've got stuff I wanna sell, so I'm going to the swap meet. Think before you speak, maybe I should have on this but, Damn.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have been beating this to death on other forums in the past. If a guy has an item for sale and it is priced high IYO, send them a PM and let them decide if they want to change the price to what "you" think it should be. Simple common courtesy IMO.. Don't blow up their ad with a bunch of back & forth pricing advice.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Only thing I ever said anything about was a guy had side covers from arlin ness used and wanted $300 so I posted a pic of them brand new for $179. Tracey corrected me for not being allowed to do so.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
967 Posts
Good luck selling your items.
If some one complain or like to negotiate the price at the swap meet will you pack and leave...
Haven't seen negative post on sale threads, only can relay my experience. Posted items some sold others not but is a free.
Am sure if eBay allow comments on active selling items people will chime in also. Check how many items go zero bids...latter delisted at lower price and bingo it's gone.
Nothing personal, just saying.
This is a great forum lots of good info.
Take one leave one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Again, if you would read, it's the guy that has nothing to do with the sale or the buy. At a swap meet you deal with the buyer if you are the seller. If it can be purchased cheaper from another seller go there. Read the post!

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
It comes down to a lack of research on the sellers part because the buyer is doing their research.
If the seller inflates the price to above the new price, new or almost new price than a little corrective criticism should be welcome.
Most of the forum members already get a 20% or more discount on new HD and aftermarket P&A so a seller should take this in consideration when they are trying to sell a used P&A.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
I have been beating this to death on other forums in the past. If a guy has an item for sale and it is priced high IYO, send them a PM and let them decide if they want to change the price to what "you" think it should be. Simple common courtesy IMO.. Don't blow up their ad with a bunch of back & forth pricing advice.

^^^ This. Who cares about where you can get it cheaper??? Blah, blah, blah. If someone has something that you don't want, stay off the thread. Polite comments that bump an item up are always welcome. This issue gets on my nerves as well. Good post.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Technically negative posts are against the rules for classifieds. I wonder how many actually read them. Here's the one in specific.

DO NOT hijack another persons sale thread. If you are not interested in buying the item, or asking a question for a potential buy, you are NOT to reply. If you have an issue with pricing, you need to pm the original poster.

·
Registered
169 Posts
in most forums they really limit responses to only questions, usually positive comments are overlooked even though technically forbidden and negative comments are "thread crapping" and not tolerated.

I know its frustrating seeing something priced wrong but it is what it is.

I do think polite reminders to post price/pix, and maybe even location should be tolerated.:D

there is usually an area of the forum that is available, maybe a general area, that one could post their question of what an item should be priced at, and really unless you are being rude about it a PM with a low(er) offer shouldn't be considered an insult, hey all it is is a yes or no question.

just 3 pisos...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
36 Posts
well myself i prefer the forum that let no post or reply in the selling forum. I hate when someone post or replys to a item it moves it back to the top of the list and shows as a new item.

·
Administrator
10,369 Posts
I agree with your comments ..

We don't catch every thing , but you would be amazed ( and maybe not ) at the number of for sale threads deleted because people didn't read the rules before posting , then get mad because the thread was deleted ..

JtB

·
Registered
7,236 Posts
well myself i prefer the forum that let no post or reply in the selling forum. I hate when someone post or replys to a item it moves it back to the top of the list and shows as a new item.
People do this to "bump" the tread to the top to keep it active so it stays fresh if you will in order to hopefully sell the item.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm torn on this issue only because i've seen
things listed that are no where worth the asking price
but some members are not aware of the actual value
of a particular item and i feel are being taking advantage
of and we as forum members should look out for one another
and call out the bullshit that a few try to pull..
If any item could be bought for cheaper then the one i'm
interested in i sure in the hell would like to know.

Just my two cents!

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
The actual value of an item is whatever a person is willing to pay. Calling a person out on their sale thread is negative not informative. If you think something is overpriced then PM the OP to try and enlighten them. Maybe it's a rookie mistake or a misprint that they didn't catch.

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
I'm definitely guilty of bumping threads, especially if I think it's a good deal. I don't usually criticize a price unless the OP ask for an opinion, then I will say what I think.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I understand bumping any item but i also have 5 hpi RC trucks and the hpi baja forum don't allow post or comments but they do a weekly bump for items not sold. when you have so many people listing items it gets frustrating to keep seeing same one every time as unread and have to click on it to show it as read.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts