Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Power Vision With Auto tune Pro from FM I need to get Bungs welded into pipes but I am not sure how far from flange to put them. Is there a standard or ?
Didn't see anything in the instructions.
Thanks for the help!!!

·
Registered
639 Posts
My headers had both sizes preinstalled. The wide band holes were pretty far up on the pipe but I don't have exact measurements. I would call FM. They have always been very helpful when I called.

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
You can buy a set from eBay, Amazon or summit racing. Just make sure you weld them in the correct location for the sensors to be easily installed and it doesn't interfere with installment of the headers and heat shields. I did a set on mine. Good luck.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
The closer to the exhaust port the better. On my 08 the 18mm 02 bungs are about 6 to 8 inches away from the exhaust port in the front and around 8 to 10 inches away from the exhaust port on the rear.
My exhaust is a little different then your is because I run a true dual that has the rear head pipe exiting on the left.
The main thing to look for is to put the 02 sensors in a location that you can service them later on without removing the exhaust, both of my 02 sensors can be installed/removed without removing the exhaust.

·
Registered
168 Posts
when I had my bike dyno tuned, Ed drilled new holes 4-6 inches from the heads for the wide bands. Couldn't leave them there full time while riding though. I think form will have to be considered over purely function.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts