Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, my wife stopped smoking. Two packs a day forever. It's been 3 mos. now. She always had a goal to have her own bike. It's been her dream(I thought it was me). I told if she quit, she would have the money to do it. She picks up her new Sportster today. I offered to pay for any mods she wanted. That cost me $1500. Should have kept my mouth shut, but it's worth every penny to see her not smoke.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Jack tell your wife way to go!!!:D I never smoked but I have none people that smoked and quit and how hard it was for them.Every smoker I know wish they had never started. Great job Mrs Jack congrats on quitting and the new sporster have your husband post your pic with your new sporster so we can give you a proper welcome to the world of MC riding!!:)

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Finally, my wife stopped smoking. Two packs a day forever. It's been 3 mos. now. She always had a goal to have her own bike. It's been her dream(I thought it was me). I told if she quit, she would have the money to do it. She picks up her new Sportster today. I offered to pay for any mods she wanted. That cost me $1500. Should have kept my mouth shut, but it's worth every penny to see her not smoke.
Haha, she should have laid it to you with a springer upgrade! Congrats to your wife, and for you for supporting her and providing positive reinforcement.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Congratulations to Your Wife on a very difficult accomplishment.
I know how hard it must have been being a former 3 pack a day smoker.
Best of Luck to her with her New Sporty!
Mike U

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Congrats to your wife. I finally quit 2 years ago,it is a tough thing to do but so good to finally be able to beat it.

Saving about $300 bucks a month which goes for mods!!

WIFE SAVES MONEY, YOU PAY FOR MODS. SHE GOT A GREAT DEAL!!!:D:D

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Good for her! Actually good for both of you!

W

·
0 Posts
Cheers to your wife. Been there done that and still haven't had a smoke and that's been four Harleys later.:D

·
Shark of the Month July 13
3,145 Posts
Congratulations to your wife! $1500 is just the start wait until the holidays, birthdays and anniversary's come around. :)

·
Registered
8,265 Posts
Three months ain't out of the woods yet. I hate to be the bearer of bad news and hope she stays on the wagon. After a year I'd say she's clear. Tell her way to go and good luck.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
It'll be a constant, keep sharp objects out of reach, and remember she's not being mean to you. Good Luck to you both.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congratulations to your wife! $1500 is just the start wait until the holidays, birthdays and anniversary's come around. :)
Thanks to all, but I'm not going to show her Mrs. Chainsaw's post.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I never had that nicotine monkey on my back, but I know folks who have. It's tough to quit. Congrats to your wife for taking that important step to quit and improve her health in the long term.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Congrats to your wife. I quit 22 years ago and never looked back. Does a cigar every once in a while count?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Congrats to her for quitting and getting a new scoot as part of the deal. She really came to the good on this deal. Hope you have lots of riding ahead of you.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Tell your wife congrats on quitting smoking and the new bike. Once you master a Sportster you can ride anything. That's how I started, so be warned there could be a Shark in her future :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts