Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So holy hell was it a $#[email protected]% to pull the wires but I'm very happy. Got the new grips on and mirrors and loving it. Road about 150 miles yesterday, huge different in control during slow turns but Ill get use to it. Went to park and mother#!%@! Fully locked they hit the shield and push a little.

Anyone running 12" Outlawz that don't hit their shield and if so what shield are you using. The shield on my bike was a trade with a buddy that wanted the stock and I wanted a larger shield.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
I'm running the same bars in chrome. My shield is the HD 12 inch Wind Splitter. I'm also using the HD wind deflectors that attach to the engine guard. This combo works for me but there are many other options. If you like the shield maybe you can pull the bars back a little.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I have the same bars but with windvest(s) 2 differnet sizes 10" & 13" no problems. Your mirrors hitting? Pull back the bars some , rotate the grips maybe.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Mine don't hit, but i have mine tilted back further than yours appear to be.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really love the location of the bars. I was asking about shields because the one I swapped with a friend doesn't have that curved side like some I've seen.

Anyone out there have a MadStad with apes on them? I really leaning toward a MadStad after all the reviews but the gamble if the bars hit would force me to change the angle.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I really love the location of the bars. I was asking about shields because the one I swapped with a friend doesn't have that curved side like some I've seen.

Anyone out there have a MadStad with apes on them? I really leaning toward a MadStad after all the reviews but the gamble if the bars hit would force me to change the angle.
I have a Madstaad with these bars in chrome. No problems, but like I said mine are set inline with forks.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
I would think the madstad would be fine because it sits further out on the brackets. Plus I bet you could use it at a lower setting and still get the same or most likely better wind protection than the shield you have now.

Maybe PFWiz could post some pics of his with the bars cut all the way to the left and take a measurement on how much further forward he could adjust his bars with the MS shield before it poses a problem. It might help you decide if it will work or not.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
I know I don't have the same bars but here is a pic that might help you see how much further forward the MS is in front of the speakers. Yours seems to come back over or maybe even behind the speakers from the way it looks in the pic. ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1373897516.548819.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
830 Posts
Stuck on the road helping GM Ft Wayne start production of new pick up. Won't get home again till Sat. :(
I do have a good side view with the bars pointed straight on PB tbat I could post tonight.
Sorry...

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know I don't have the same bars but here is a pic that might help you see how much further forward the MS is in front of the speakers. Yours seems to come back over or maybe even behind the speakers from the way it looks in the pic. View attachment 34713

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

I really think the MS will work based on your picture and my video.

http://youtu.be/mTP_m83rtfQ

..........Now I just hope local HD is setup with MS since I have a load of cash credit there.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What kind of differeence in low speed control? I'm thinking of installing same bars......
BIG difference. Turning left it's like someone is grabbing your left grip and pulling. You have to hold tighter, balance with rear brake and clutch out helps a lot. The first time I took a ride was to local HD Saturday and pulling out of a spot I almost dumped it. Felt like such a noob but with anything you get use to it and learn.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had a Road King with 16's before the Glide...can't remember if low speed steering required more or less effort over stock bars. Must be getting old......

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Had a Road King with 16's before the Glide...can't remember if low speed steering required more or less effort over stock bars. Must be getting old......
I can honestly say, it's how you angle them. A buddy has his angled same as his forks and its easier to maneuver than mine.

Sent via Mobile App

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Mine are in line with the forks. The more you push them forward the harder it will be to reach the grip opposite the turn you make.

·
Registered
105 Posts
So holy hell was it a $#[email protected]% to pull the wires but I'm very happy. Got the new grips on and mirrors and loving it. Road about 150 miles yesterday, huge different in control during slow turns but Ill get use to it. Went to park and mother#!%@! Fully locked they hit the shield and push a little.

Anyone running 12" Outlawz that don't hit their shield and if so what shield are you using. The shield on my bike was a trade with a buddy that wanted the stock and I wanted a larger shield.

I am looking for some mirrors for my new 14" Malo bars. What type of mirrors are those?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts