Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a long spring of building my 12x20 shed, home for the bike in the winter, it will have heat and electricity. Finally found some time to install new 10" Wild 1 WO515 chubby bars in black. We rode to the "Ohio Spring ride" June 29th to meet fellow road glide members and had a great time. First long ride of the season for us. Still had the stock bars on the bike. I noticed with the stock bars your arms would get sore at the elbow where the tendon connects. We rode today with the new bars installed, what a difference. The building of the shed was a real MOD stopper. Sold the road king so let the MODS begin. My son is a Harley technician, and his words the Wild 1 bars were the easiest bars that he had wired, it took us about 3 hours on a rainy Fourth of July. See Photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dropped bike off at shop yesterday to have wo515s installed. Needed a little more pull back and hoping these do the trick over stock. Look great btw.
For me they have a natural feel, don't have to lean forward, nice pull back. I am 6'3'' about 265. Wiring was a breeze.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I installed these bars and while I do love the look and wider feel, they do bother my neck. I have some degenerative neck issues and I was hoping these would ease some of the pressure but so far that hasn't happened. I'm going to try and raise them a bit this weekend to see if that helps. I ran the wires inside and changed the clutch cable to stay in factory setting. Does anyone else have upper neck issues and come up with a workable solution, I'm hoping just raising them will do the trick, I hate the idea of a new install.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The new bars on the bike look great.

Care to share more about your shed built?
The shed is 12'x20' 8' sidewalls, walk in door, 8'x7' garage door. Used pole barn steel on the roof and Georgia Pacific smart side on the side walls. I had a pile of 4x6x16 that I used for the floor joist, overkill at 16" on center. I have it insulated, still need to run the wiring. That will be done this weekend, renting a ditch witch need to bury number 8 wire for a run of about 150'. I was going to heat it as well but have not decided what type of heater or wall furnace to buy, still researching. See photo attached.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts