Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried these different bars ? can anyone give me any kind of comparison between the 2 . I have a 2011 RG custom .Need at least 2 '' more pullback and could use at least 2 '' more in height. I am am 5'9'' w 32'' inseam.
I do like the width of the stock bars .

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply 93-331-29psi , can you elaborate on the width aspect of the 5515's as opposed to the narrower stock bars ? .the 515's seem to be ideal for me in regards to the heigth and pullback but the width is a little disconcerning for me .

·
Registered
1,321 Posts

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
The 36" width will grow on you quickly. I was concerned about this until I test fit them 17k miles ago and I love them. As much as I like them though I will be changing them out for some BR sweeping beaters 1.5" bars this winter because I want a little more height and pullback.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you sir , trying to sort thru all the info and make a sound decision before attempting the changeover.I really don't want to get caught up into swapping bars to find the right setup.All info is GREATLY appreciated !!!!

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Best advise is for new bars is to attend a local bike night.... You can see the various set ups and even ask to sit on a bike to feel for yourself. While a short sit in a parking lot won't get you the same knowing as a 200 mile ride will. It'll at least let you know if they'll be bearable, but then again ANYTHING is better than the shitty bars that come on these from the MoCo.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Coolblue,

I have them in line with the foks

·
Registered
165 Posts
For me they're alot more comfy. I've got mine pushed farther forward than the forks. Some windshields will require them to be adjusted back or they hit on lock to lock. With my windsplitter or windvest I have plenty of room. With my Cee bailey's I have to pull them in some.
Rob

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
604 Posts
controls&handlebars

I went with wild 1 10 in. rise--should have gone with 12 in. just preference--5-10 32 inseam--long arms-keep in mind these will be 38 in. wide after grips-lot of good leverage for the push....good luck

·
Registered
165 Posts
I went with wild 1 10 in. rise--should have gone with 12 in. just preference--5-10 32 inseam--long arms-keep in mind these will be 38 in. wide after grips-lot of good leverage for the push....good luck
I'm with diesel did the 10s wish we'd have gone 12 rise. I'm 6'5, still comfy but 12's would have been better
Rob

1 - 18 of 18 Posts