Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to know if anyone has had both on their bike. Am looking @ doing either the wild 1 wo513 (8.5 Mini Apes) or the khromewerks sweeper +2 bars. Am looking for the most pullback. Curently have the heritage bars and they were much better than stock but would still like to come back another inch or two. Also looked at the wo515's but I think they would be too wide for me.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just posted on another thread.
Started with heritage have ended up with kromeworks sweepers +2 will try and post pic's. Love the bars, great pull back. I am 6'2" with shoulder problems and they work great.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Where the best place to buy the sweepers.

·
Registered
255 Posts
HI,

I was looking at the sweepers too just not sure I am crazy about the bend. I think those are made for a street glide right? Anyway the cheapest quote I got for 13" black apes installed is $900 so far.. HD dealer wants $1500.:eek:

I would love to try it myself but I would hate to miss much riding as I know how these type of projects usually turn out. Either too long or half ass and have to spend the money to have it done right anyway.

I have an 09 as well, are there any good pictures or even better a procedure on how to change the bars yourself?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Those sweepers may be for a street glide but they fit my roadglide real well.Any bars that have internal wiring are going to take time.Get a manual and go for it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I vote for the sweepers also, I put them on my 05 and love them... and they lots less $ than the WO bars.. beside when people see them they often think they are custom built because the unwashed masses do not even know about anything that did not come from the MoCo or a KuryAkyn catalog!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Can I get a part number for the sweepers everyone is running? Are you running the wides or just the +2?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I used the 300504 bars and the only thing I had to do was re run my clutch cable outside the inner fairing. the rest of the controls worked, just a tad tighter.. If you must extend your switch controls I think the Namz kits are great. here is a link if ya need to look them up.
http://www.namzcustomcycleproducts.com/products/handlebar_extension_kits_96_to_06.html#top
I used them on my 02 Heritage when I put ape hangers on ... I bought a set for the glide but did not need them..

·
Registered
37 Posts
let me add to my own post here... It has been some time "I forget stuff" but I did remember I changed out the front brake line to a braded stainless setup.. the old one worked but I had to straighten out the hard line for a better angle at the master cylinder and just did not get a warm fuzzy feeling on the look so I went ahaid and changed it all out...
:rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts