Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, well hopefully will be getting my 18 in soon and have been on the fence for bars. Love the look of the Factory 47's. I was fortunate enough to sit on a RGU yesterday that had the 14's on it and height wise and position they were good, but I wasn't able to achieve a full lock turn as they are to wide. I have used Wild 1's on all my previous bikes and I wanted to know if anyone had the 14" reapers if they could post pics, yes I did use the search option and didn't find a lot.
thanks DRKRGU

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hello all, well hopefully will be getting my 18 in soon and have been on the fence for bars. Love the look of the Factory 47's. I was fortunate enough to sit on a RGU yesterday that had the 14's on it and height wise and position they were good, but I wasn't able to achieve a full lock turn as they are to wide. I have used Wild 1's on all my previous bikes and I wanted to know if anyone had the 14" reapers if they could post pics, yes I did use the search option and didn't find a lot.

thanks DRKRGU

You’ll run into That on most bars that are taller. I can tell you from experience that Wild1Bars are wide bars. My 14’s are right on the cusp of being too wide to go to full lock. A lot of that has to do with the height of the bars though.

Mine are bagger bars, but I’ll attach a pic anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You’ll run into That on most bars that are taller. I can tell you from experience that Wild1Bars are wide bars. My 14’s are right on the cusp of being too wide to go to full lock. A lot of that has to do with the height of the bars though.

Mine are bagger bars, but I’ll attach a pic anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply, I have the Bagger bars on my CVO Ultra in the 12.5in which are also 36.5 wide also on had the classic's 12.5's on my first Road King which were 36.5 wide also. I guess the kick back to get around the bat wing on the Ultra made them workable for full lock. I also have the 14in outlaws on my 03 Vrod and even with the rake it is easier to do full lock maneuvers being 35in wide with only 9in of pull back and a straighter wrist angle. I had planned on ordering the Factory 47's yesterday but thankfully hadn't. I didn't think the factory 47's being about 1in wider would make that much of a difference but it did when I was feeling them out yesterday.

·
Registered
88 Posts
WO 584 Reapers

Trying to send photos of WO 584's If they don't come thru PM me your email address and I will send them that way.

They are super comfortable. They have cured any neck/shoulder kinks.

They do not interfere with my windshield at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
927 Posts
First I’ve heard that 14” Factory 47 bars prevent full lock to lock turns. What prevented the full lock turns? I can understand a windshield getting in the way, but if inner fairing or worst yet, (laughing) gas tank, that puppy ain’t positioned correctly! lol

·
Registered
721 Posts
Together with the SE Stage IO torqie, I have ordered the HD Fat Apes for my 2017 RGU. I think they are narrower than the F47.....around 33” vs F47 around 36 if I remember. They are 14,75” tall. I will send pics when they are installed (by Xmas ish as I am on a mission abroad).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First I’ve heard that 14” Factory 47 bars prevent full lock to lock turns. What prevented the full lock turns? I can understand a windshield getting in the way, but if inner fairing or worst yet, (laughing) gas tank, that puppy ain’t positioned correctly! lol
It was nothing mechanical. I just ran out of reach being they are 37.5"wide for the TBW bikes. at full lock I would literally have the to be sitting partially on the tank. With my CVO I was used to moving up to the tank with the 36.5" wide bars but they had more pull back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts