Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can not decide on the WO502 or the WO612 bars. If you have any pros or cons in comparison please advise before I invest on a set. Thank you in advance and stay safe out there Brothers.Also Were are you getting the best deals on these bars?

·
Banned
845 Posts
Well Im not sure of the codes but I believe ones the 12's and thats what I have. The 12's, you dont have to change out cables or wiring. Just a new throttle by wire sensor on the end if the bars ( they tend to break on my watch when trying to swap em out). Other than size if they are the same style, its all about what fits u the best. Im 6'3 and these fit me nicely.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well Im not sure of the codes but I believe ones the 12's and thats what I have. The 12's, you dont have to change out cables or wiring. Just a new throttle by wire sensor on the end if the bars ( they tend to break on my watch when trying to swap em out). Other than size if they are the same style, its all about what fits u the best. Im 6'3 and these fit me nicely.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
The 612 bars are the outlazs and the wrist angle is 22 degrees and the 502 are 42 degrees. Thank you.

·
Registered
7,215 Posts
I have the 502s and couldnt be happier. The 502s are much wider and with the wrist angle it works nicely.

·
Registered
119 Posts
502's here also. Was originally planning on Monkey Bars, but the 502's were the right choice for me, they are very comfortable, and perfect height. Although, I'm tempted to grab a set of Carlini Gangster Apes, love the curve in them.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply's. I was not sure which ones would handle better the wider or narrower ones . Sounds like the 502s are a popular selection.I was thinking of going with the carlini bars but the options for black are few and they cost a bit more.Thanks again for all the help.

·
Registered
7,215 Posts
Thanks for the reply's. I was not sure which ones would handle better the wider or narrower ones . Sounds like the 502s are a popular selection.I was thinking of going with the carlini bars but the options for black are few and they cost a bit more.Thanks again for all the help.
You can always have the bars of your choice powder coated

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just got a reply back from Carlini and they will do a black finish for no extra charge , special order with a 10 day turnaround,Saweeet. Excellent customer service.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
I removed my 502's and put on 614b. The 502's were too wide for me. I like the 614's but probably should have gone 16's. It is all a personal preference. Try finding someone who has the bars you are looking at and get permission to sit on their bike.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I removed my 502's and put on 614b. The 502's were too wide for me. I like the 614's but probably should have gone 16's. It is all a personal preference. Try finding someone who has the bars you are looking at and get permission to sit on their bike.
How did you like the width and wrist angle of the 614s? I have looked around the area but have found nothing on the local bikes.I think I would like them a little narrower Than the 502s.
Thank's

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
I like the 614's. They are comfortable. I have a backrest on a home made seat and the bars leaned back a little. I feel like I'm in a cradle.

I never got used to the width of the 502's. I had them on for over a year until I decided to black out my bike.

502's

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like the 614's. They are comfortable. I have a backrest on a home made seat and the bars leaned back a little. I feel like I'm in a cradle.

I never got used to the width of the 502's. I had them on for over a year until I decided to black out my bike.

502's
very nice looking bike and thank you for the pictures. I am going with the 614s in 12" and black. Madstad may be next for a little hand protection on the cold mornings.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hey guys, from what I understand you can use stock cable length for the 612s, but what about the 502s? I think that will be my sticking point for which set to buy...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well I have a guy that puts bars on as a side bbusiness and he's done a lot of baggers. He told me I had plenty of wire length for my wo614. Will need longer clutch and cable though. I've read hundreds of threads about 12 and 13 " bars and it seems that stock wires and cables work every time. Hole that helps.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts