Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading every post on every handlebar known to man, I think I narrowed my search for the perfect bar. From stock I went to hertitage bars-better but I still get a burning between my shoulder blades after 1.5 hrs of riding. I am ready to pull the trigger on a set of chubby 502's.

Whats the straight scoop on these? Do I need wire extensions, longer clutch cable and brake lines, etc? I want to know what I should order to make it a smooth swap. Some say yes-some say no. Thanks for the help.

· Registered
9,799 Posts
These are 502's. I love them. As far as extending wires and cables goes, I did. Not sure if I had to but like you I wanted a smooth and easy install not waiting to have to order stuff I might have needed if I didn't have it tying up the bike. I went with a wire extention kit from Namz and a cable kit from LAChoppers. Everything was pretty straight forward and took me and a buddy about 5hrs taking our time and with beer.[URL=http://s1073.photobucket.com/user/rlaf75/media/20150413_154605-1_zpsswsagbq9.jpg.html][/URL]

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks rlaf75,

How much over from stock did you go? Did you have to do anything with the TBW sensor or is it long enough?

Those bars look great on your bike.

· Registered
9,799 Posts
Thanks rlaf75,

How much over from stock did you go? Did you have to do anything with the TBW sensor or is it long enough?

Those bars look great on your bike.
If I remember correctly I went with +8 wires from Namz which Included every wire needed. As far as the clutch cable and brake lines I used a kit from LAChoppers. They go in increments such as 10" to 14" bars and 14 to 18" and so on. I used the 10 to 14" kit which give you more than enough to keep everything in the stock locations without rerouting the cable and brake line

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks rlaf75

I ordered everything yesterday from Direct Cycle Parts-just checked they were shipped today.:) I can't wait.

Two quick questions:

1) what process did you use when changing the brake lines to keep from getting fluid all over

2) How is changing the clutch cable?

· Registered
9,799 Posts
The clutch cable isn't too bad. Depending on your particular exhaust you may have to remove it to get to the side cover for the trans where the cable goes into. The brake lines I was just careful and covered everything to protect the paint.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.