Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received and set them on bike and worried about wrist angle. Any feedback from anyone with these bars? Do you get used to it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah, that's a common comment about the 517's. You will get used to them, but the angle does put a strain on my wrists when on a long ride. They have been described a wheel barrel type grasping position. Try lowering them to ease the angle stress.

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback. The Wild1 rep tried to talk me in to the 10" apes but they looked to wide in pics on their website. I don't know. Haven't installed the 517's yet. Going to study them for a couple days.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
I love mine. Did 947 miles on a weekend with them with no arm/wrist issues at all. The angle isn't bad, just different.

·
Registered
470 Posts
i have the wo 515 , they are the 10" baby apes. it seems like more of a natural wrist position to me, they are 2" taller than stock and all cables and work

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback. I'm sure I would have gotten used to the 517's but I sent them back yesterday and ordered the 10" baby apes, WO515's.
Already bought the chrome switch housings and brackets. Will measure and buy the diamond back braided cables once the bars are in place. Going with the PM Contour grips. Also bought the JM 7.25" speaker upgrade and ready to go in while the outer fairing is off.

Wife is wondering if that's all for a while. I told her ABSOLUTELY! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts