Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys,

I've been through a ton of these threads trying to see whats up.

2013 RG Custom
6'2"
34" inseam
Ride 2 up often
Looks DO matter

Thinking about a KW 8 or maybe a Memphis Shade.

Anyone with similar circumstances that can provide info?

Thanks

E1

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Alright guys,

I've been through a ton of these threads trying to see whats up.

2013 RG Custom
6'2"
34" inseam
Ride 2 up often
Looks DO matter

Thinking about a KW 8 or maybe a Memphis Shade.

Anyone with similar circumstances that can provide info?

Thanks

E1
Im 5'10 ish. Taller side. 34" inseam. I had the 12" KW on my 11. Was perfect for me. You're 6'2" I'm thinking the KW 8" will be useless. The 12 looks great too. I don't know anything about Memphis shades.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I'm 6', 32" inseam. I ran a 14" LRS on my 09. You're gonna have to get a tall shield. I have a 13" Freedom on my 15. Wonderful shield. Call John. He'll tell you what height that you need.

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
It's hard to have your cake and eat it too with RG windshields. The toenail shields look bad ass but are useless for wind protection especially for the passenger. The barn door work great but look Goldwingish.
Your going to need something in the 14" range to protect your passenger unless it's adjustable. Not sure how you feel about the Madstad , but a 13" adjustable Madstad would work well for both you and your passenger and provide about the best RG wind protection out there.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Since you say that looks are important I will spare you my MadStad pitch. But I will just say that if you find that you need to purchase a shield that is around 13" or taller you should just bite the bullet and go with the MS as it looks as good if not better on the bike than any other single shield that starts going over that 13" range. I am 6'1" and I run the 11" MS with it down over half way and I actually get a lot of compliments on how it looks. If I need more protection I just raise it up. That simple...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4 Posts
The only complaint I had with my 2015 Roadglide was the stock windshield. After several days of reading forums and reviews I decided to go with the WindVest. Their website makes ordering easy. They recommend what sized based on height and give photos of each mounted on the bike so that you cans see what it will actually look like when installed. I was not disappointed. Was able to see over the windshield, it blocks the perfect amount of wind and is still has an appealing style. Thumbs up for me!! WindVest | Products

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
2012 RGC, 11" madstad, 5'9-32". I have had on my bike for 2 plus years, fantastic windshield. Works as advertised and I like the way it looks and get many compliments.

This summer I thought I would try something different, I bought a used 10" windvest from another forum member. I am very impressed with how good this winshield works, the lip at the top really deflects a lot of air and it looks good as well.

You will obviously need a taller one.

Can't speak about the clockworks or Memphis shade.

·
Registered
501 Posts
15" freedom or windvest, sorry but any shorter and you and passenger will suffer!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Another thumbs up for Freedom Shields

I am 6' in boots with a 34" inseam. My wife is 5'7"

I settles for the 15" Freedom Touring Air-Curve.

You would want the 16" one.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
That's a good looking shield. I'm 6' 32" inseam and s Mustang seat. I've got a 13" Freedom. I look way over it and have been tempted to go taller. John suggested a 13" and it flat out works! If I Was To Get My Elderly a$$ Back Into Serious touring, I'd probably get a 15" to help with the inevitable rain.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
Check out BaggerShield, their shields give you options by turning the clear shield(hides behind the lower shield which is tinted) up for better wind management for long trips or down to give a better look when riding local. They also support our forum. I am just a user of their shields and do not have any relations with BaggerShields.

Reactions: Kermie

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Not trying to be a jerk here but only 13 and older road glide rider reviews are really pertinent here. Those with the newer road glides will have a very different experience with certain brands of shields than you might with the 2013 and older bikes.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Not trying to be a jerk here but only 13 and older road glide rider reviews a really pertinent here. Those with the newer road glides will have a very different experience with certain brands of shields than you might with the 2013 and older bikes.

My response was around my experience with my 11 RGU. But your not being a Jerk. No sense muddling up the thread with things that don't compare.

Reactions: RGKen

·
Registered
51 Posts
I bought Longride Shields. As far as I'm concerned they are the best value out there.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I use the HD 12" Windsplitter and the wind deflectors that mount on the engine guard inside the faring. The combo worked well on my 2013 fltrx. (stock on my CVO) Most HD dealers would let you demo this combo so you don't have to guess. Looks great too.

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
Not trying to be a jerk here but only 13 and older road glide rider reviews are really pertinent here. Those with the newer road glides will have a very different experience with certain brands of shields than you might with the 2013 and older bikes.

My reference to why I like BaggerShield was because I had it on my 09 RG and loved it. I should have mentioned the 09 in my earlier post.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
My reference to why I like BaggerShield was because I had it on my 09 RG and loved it. I should have mentioned the 09 in my earlier post.

Guys I wasn't talking about those of you who have owned the previous model shark and giving your opinion based on that. I was just trying to point out that the ones that have only had the new model and have no experience with the older model. I see it on all the windshield threads and I don't think they compare. No skin off my back either way but some may not realize there is a difference and buy a shield from getting the wrong information.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Guys I wasn't talking about those of you who have owned the previous model shark and giving your opinion based on that. I was just trying to point out that the ones that have only had the new model and have no experience with the older model. I see it on all the windshield threads and I don't think they compare. No skin off my back either way but some may not realize there is a difference and buy a shield from getting the wrong information.

You're right. It makes a huge difference. The 8" on the 11 was non existent as far as any kind of wind control. On the 16. I can wear a ball cap facing the right way up to 70mph. Apples and oranges. Just got my 14" KW. :)

Reactions: RGKen
1 - 20 of 21 Posts