Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Tour Pak will fit

Yes, the older style tour Pak will fit as long as you use your bike appropriate mounts. Hope this pic attached. Here's what it'll look like.

H

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More Infomation

It turns out the original tour pak rack is with the tour pak. So the trick would be making it work with my current docking hardware...does anyone have any idea what the hardware would cost to make this work?

·
Registered
8,791 Posts
It turns out the original tour pak rack is with the tour pak. So the trick would be making it work with my current docking hardware...does anyone have any idea what the hardware would cost to make this work?
All you needo is a quick disconnect - 2009 up rack. They can be bought used under a Hundred Dollars.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
I think the 2009-up strut holes are similar, at least the two furthest back where a tour pack mounts, if it's a 09up it might work on the 15

I bought a 2014 ultra mount, liked the look, mounted perfectly to the 2010 struts

tied to line up a 2005 ultra pak, holes were off by 1/4" on each side in the front
and not even close in the back

but the holes for a 2010 chopped pak fit perfectly on the 2014 mount which fit on my 2010 FLTRX

·
Registered
8,791 Posts
I think the 2009-up strut holes are similar, at least the two furthest back where a tour pack mounts, if it's a 09up it might work on the 15

I bought a 2014 ultra mount, liked the look, mounted perfectly to the 2010 struts

tied to line up a 2005 ultra pak, holes were off by 1/4" on each side in the front
and not even close in the back

but the holes for a 2010 chopped pak fit perfectly on the 2014 mount which fit on my 2010 FLTRX
The holes in the 97- 08 tour pack are different then the 09 + packs. Easy fix , drill a hole in the rack.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Henryg what did u do for the lights. Did u make a harness or buy one. Where did it plug into. I Was able to hook up my speakers with a harness. Iam thinking about putting lights on now. Thanks for the help.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I installed a older style King trunk on my 2015 glide. When I 1st installed it I used the new mounting rack for the 2015 and it didnt work. I couldn't open my saddlebags because they would hit on the bottom of the trunk. so I took the new style mount back and bought the mount that fit the 2013 model bikes and tried that, problem solved. The mount I used is quick disconnect and the King tourpack mounted right up to it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts