Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, have a 2013 RGU . We use our Sena Bluetooth headsets with custom moulded audio ear plugs for music, gps, phone and intercom. (I've yet to hear a stereo on a bike at 75 mph that is remotely close. That includes the big dollar ones.... ) Will be pulling anything to do with stock system. Looking to replace stereo head unit with a usefull storage box? I can find DIN sized units listed on eBay in England and Australia. One in USA but they want $50 shipping for a $15 part. Yeah right.
Anybody know of a replacement DIN sized box with cover that would bolt in?
Have already started the planning on making the rear speaker pods into usefull storage for the wife. Gloves etc... Thinking will use original speaker grills and somehow hinge them. Probably shave 10 lbs off her at same time. That's the bike, not the wife....

·
Registered
253 Posts
Maybe a stock box out of an Electraglide standard? I'm not sure what year they started making the stereo standard but I know my '99 had a storage box in lieu of the stereo. I believe they made the standard up until '05 and then it morphed into the Street Glide. Hope this helps somewhat..I will keep my eyes open for my old one and in my buddy's garage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts