Road Glide banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Congratulations to your whole family, very beautiful little girl like they say a picture is worth a thousand words!!! I understand what you are going through stay strong. Here’s a picture of our angel View attachment 410251
OhioRush, should we ever find ourselves near by. I will gladly hand you the keys and you can take her for a ride.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Payton is right and anybody that calls themselves a true biker knows PINK is the fastest color!! That smile on her face is worth way more then any new bike could give you. Well done sir!!

Congratulations on the win such as it is with the insurance company. Insurance is a funny business. They offer you a service for a set fee. You live up to your end of the contract and pay your premiums on time but as soon as you file a claim they do everything in their power to keep from keeping up their end of the agreement. It doesn't matter what kind of insurance we're talking about either, they all do it. I wonder how many other businesses could stay in business like that?

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Thanks!!!
This is something we can make happen Ohio is not far from here.
Most of us here love to ride, we also value our family above all else. When we can include them in the joy of riding it is a win for everyone . Payton and her journey into sidecars started a new joy for riding. having her in the sidecar and experiencing her excitement is hard to explain. But those of us that have been riding a life time get it.

This is how the system we are working on works. Of course this is an adult size one. A tray option adds a place for her to work also

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
As of today we are at $35,000 plus or minus a few hundred . The chair model was update to a Rovi A3, Medcaid will pay nothing toward it. No surprise. One of the other two will pay $23,000 of it. More paper work to do , measuring will take place FEB 12th. This is getting done. Been a long road getting to this point.

·
Registered
332 Posts
This is something we can make happen Ohio is not far from here.
Most of us here love to ride, we also value our family above all else. When we can include them in the joy of riding it is a win for everyone . Payton and her journey into sidecars started a new joy for riding. having her in the sidecar and experiencing her excitement is hard to explain. But those of us that have been riding a life time get it.

This is how the system we are working on works. Of course this is an adult size one. A tray option adds a place for her to work also

Absolutely I always have been interested in side cars, not only for Kayla but also the dog. We had a boat for one summer great family fun just a little too expensive, I looked up those chairs after your post and definitely going to contact her therapist think it would really help. She would not be able to use a powered one but I think the other version would be great, can’t say enough about the great info and people here.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Those chairs have a control for an attendant also . The EZ stands come in 3 sizes and work very well for many.

I have never met a Dog that did not love sidecars. Few weeks back I was taking my other granddaughter home after spending the weekend with us. She wanted to take the rig. Nice cool day about 3 1/2 ride. Payton's dog blocked our way because she want to go also. Then she jumpped in the sidecar when no one was looking but we caught her.
Should you get serious about looking into sidecars let me know. We will find away for you to try it out. There is only one way you will know if it is right for you and worth the cost. You have to drive one.

You are not going without me

https://flic.kr/p/2inzjsr

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Good news this morning. The last two insures stopped fighting each other. TRICARE Stepped up. Her new standing power wheel chair will be here in 3 to 8 weeks. There should no longer be any road blocks. TRICare has said they will pay more of the cost than was quoted in the past. We won't know the full amount left to us for a bit. That does not madder. Knowing what caused all the delays and issues does not make the wait any better. At least now it has been solved.
Stand by. Expect a thread next year on a new flat bed sidecar setup to drive the power chair on.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts