Road Glide banner

61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Shark of the Month October 13
8,082 Posts
I know this new chair has been a long 'journey' for everyone involved, but it sure must all feel like it was worth it today. I'm very happy for all of you, especially Peyton. Two thumbs up!

Reactions: Jacksprat56

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
I don't think that will fit in the hack....

So happy for her. And I like the pink fenders.
I have been told many times that won't work. Already design a chariot style one in my head drive on from rear. She wants some Pin striping on the fenders. Tomorrow at 073 she has a PT appointment.
After I get her in the building, going to hold back and let her drive in by herself standing up.
She is wore out now, from no sleep.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
In a day or two you are going to need a hoverboard or something to keep up with her.

Have you done research into a Stage II kit or anything?
Looking into an 8 inch ape joy stick with some pull back. Came with mostly blacked out wheels. Built in tuner already. We may need to adjust the fly by wire a bit. She is in stage 1 now it goes to stage 5. She likes the stock seat. Maybe a detachable tour pack. She is thinking about a name for it.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
8,082 Posts
I'd suggest "Freedom" or "Freedom Machine" because that's what it is to her. With those pink fenders she'll likely give it a girl's name. Sounds like she took to it very quickly. I'll bet you've had a smile on your face for 3 days now! lol

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #69 (Edited)
Took her to town today. Real reason was to drive around the stores and parking lots in her chair. She had some how bumped the control in to profile 2 and when she ran up the ramp into the van she missed.
No harm just hung up a bit. After that she took off like a rocket I knew somethings was up and checked the profile and set it back to one. We also figured out she need the control move forward. It was so far back her hand was having a hard time with the joy stick. She did well driving around. Lot of practice still needed. I told she could not drive it inside the HD dealership yet. After a long day about 15 minutes before bed time she was explaining to me how a ride would help her sleep. So loaded her and the Dog up and we went for a 1/2 hour ride. Both her and her dog are sleeping now.
There is a Disney show called Descendants . One of the actors is called Mel A girl. I think that is what the chair will be named.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Productive day. Could not get the chair in the house without a ramp. Daughter came over and we got a 23 foot ramp in and it is usable. We still need to do some railing work and stop guards along the edge. I wanted to do the ramp before ,but really wanted to see what the chair would need first.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
In all my years reading this forum and others, I have NEVER smiled sooooo much reading a single post.
So happy to hear Payton has her daddy coming home and ofcourse her new wheels

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #77 (Edited)
Church is over , race day. ROVI A3 Speed test. Book say 6.2 mph GPS said it hit 6.7 . She got a bit loose after 5mph. The power caused unexpected control issues. She stayed with it and kept it between the lines. We set the controller set at mode 5 and set to race mode. Keep in mind race mode is not legal in the state of CA. About 2 miles of running up and down the road. Farther racing was called do to rain moving in. On run 3 the dog jumped out and took the lead, declaring her self the fastest.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
In a day or two you are going to need a hoverboard or something to keep up with her.

Have you done research into a Stage II kit or anything?
Somebody made a mistake. The book tells me how to change all ofthe function and limits on the programing. I was reading up more on it today and came across this book. In the packet.

61 - 80 of 85 Posts