Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been beaten to death probably already but I’m getting conflicting results by using the search. I’ll be ordering a set of 14” Vindikta bars for my ‘17 RGS. Still not decided yet on either the Marauder or Wildcat bars, however. Will I need to get wire extensions for the 14”ers? I’m assuming stock cables are still ok at this height? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
122 Posts
you need the wiring extensions for the controls. clutch and brake lines are stock, little tight but its fine.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I know this has been beaten to death probably already but I’m getting conflicting results by using the search. I’ll be ordering a set of 14” Vindikta bars for my ‘17 RGS. Still not decided yet on either the Marauder or Wildcat bars, however. Will I need to get wire extensions for the 14”ers? I’m assuming stock cables are still ok at this height? Thanks in advance.
You can probably get by without them, but the install will be much nicer with them and they are only $20 ish bucks from Harley. I say get them.

·
Registered
132 Posts
OP, Just email Joe at Vindikta and get his thoughts. He responds to emails quickly and provides excellent customer service. I just had 12" Vindikta Marauders delivered to my house yesterday and emailed with Joe quite a bit about this issue. I won't need any extensions for the 12" but recommends them for 14". Additionally, he recommends cables from GuerrillaCables.com. By the way the Marauders look good out of the box and can't wait to get them installed. Huge shout out to Joe and Vindikta, excellent product and customer service, you won't be disappointed. And for sure change to poly bushings.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I installed 16" Vindikta Marauders on my '17 RGU last fall and I did not need wire extensions. I bought them, in fact I still have them, but I didn't need to use them. I didn't have to cut the wire ties on stock wire retainers, nor reroute them in any way. Easiest bar install I've ever done.

I did, of course, have to replace my brake and clutch lines for longer ones.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone. So it seems like consensus is new brake/clutch cables not needed but wire extensions are suggested. Anyone have a quick link to the wire extensions? Thanks

·
Registered
4,681 Posts
I used Namz wire extensions on my 16" bars on my 2012, they worked well and were color coded. They came with connectors on the end, I put a drop of solder and shrink wrap.

I did not use them on my 14" f47 bars, but the left side could have used em.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
That part number above (69200034) looks like the right one for the switch wires, but you'd also need the TBW extensions, that is, if you actually need the extensions.

I wasn't kidding when I said that I still have the extensions, brand new, sitting on my bench. I have both the switch wire extensions and the TBW extension. I ordered them along with my clutch and brake lines from Magnum Shielding.

If you're interested, I'd make you a heck of a deal on them. 1015-SC14 and 1015-TW16 seen here: https://www.magnumshielding.com/wiringkits

I'd ship them both to you (assuming you're in the lower 48) for $25.

Then once you get into the install, if you find you don't need them, they can lay on your bench for a while. :)

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts