Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2020 RGS with 17K miles on it, 131 Stage IV, warranty about to expire:
My next upgrade: Tuner, Head Pipes, Cam and Oil Pump....
Tuner: I like Power Vision
Pipes: Open
Cam : unsure. My preference low to mid range power
Oil Pump: Screaming Eagle

What else Im I missing

Thanks guys for your opinion , I appreciate it !

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I would look at woods or S&S for a cam, 2:1 full length header, S & S oil pump/ cam plate. Don’t forget to get the S&S tappet guides to replace the plastic ones! I am not affiliated with S & S, lol!

·
Registered
6,453 Posts
I will, Thanks. By the way is this a National Company or local? Forgive my lack of knowledge :(
Fuel moto is located in Appleton? Little Chute WI. people come here and or ship bike here for all over.
Many set up appointment ride in have the work done and ride home. They are second to none.
They will not BS you, up sell or steer you to parts that put more in their pocket. Many here and a lot of other places will tell you the same. They also work with other shops.

·
Premium Member
3,655 Posts
As long as your engine is running the 2020- current version oil pump I don't think you need a new cam plate or pump, just my opinion.
Exhaust, I personally lean towards a good 2-1 such as a D&D, but a Fuel Moto RTX is my current go to
Tuner, Power Vision would be your top option. There are others but I believe you will find more shops utilizing this tuner. Get it from Fuel Moto only as they are priced well and will provide unlimited support on it if they sold it to you.
Cam, I discussed my recent cam upgrade with Fuel Moto, this forum, A.P.E. and Wes at Cycle Rama to come up with my conclusion. Not one ounce of regret on my final decision. Don't just buy one, set the goal you want to achieve and find out who can give you the best option to achieve it.

These statements are all my opinion and experience only.
Good luck!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As long as your engine is running the 2020- current version oil pump I don't think you need a new cam plate or pump, just my opinion.
Exhaust, I personally lean towards a good 2-1 such as a D&D, but a Fuel Moto RTX is my current go to
Tuner, Power Vision would be your top option. There are others but I believe you will find more shops utilizing this tuner. Get it from Fuel Moto only as they are priced well and will provide unlimited support on it if they sold it to you.
Cam, I discussed my recent cam upgrade with Fuel Moto, this forum, A.P.E. and Wes at Cycle Rama to come up with my conclusion. Not one ounce of regret on my final decision. Don't just buy one, set the goal you want to achieve and find out who can give you the best option to achieve it.

These statements are all my opinion and experience only.
Good luck!
But....which Cam you upgraded to?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You are welcome. Let us know what the opinion is after you talk to him.
Well, one tech never responded, and the HD local dealer parts manager said they dont use them!!!
What a way to deal with customers :confused:

I am inclining to keep the Screaming eagle Cam from the Stage 4 and only add head pipes and the tuner , Power Vison

:unsure:

·
Premium Member
3,655 Posts
Well, one tech never responded, and the HD local dealer parts manager said they dont use them!!!
I would keep an HD dealer out of your motor build from here on out unless they are well known for their motor building skills and dyno experience. You will not find many that will fit the bill but you will get no shortage of dealers that will tell you that they can do it all. What state are you in, people here should be able to chime in hopefully for someone in your general area that can help you with moving forward on your desired upgrades?.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would keep an HD dealer out of your motor build from here on out unless they are well known for their motor building skills and dyno experience. You will not find many that will fit the bill but you will get no shortage of dealers that will tell you that they can do it all. What state are you in, people here should be able to chime in hopefully for someone in your general area that can help you with moving forward on your desired upgrades?.
I am in Florida, Seminole County.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,655 Posts
I am in Florida, Seminole County.

Thanks
I would talk with Wes at Cycle Rama in Pinellas Park Florida. Like some on here suggested to me..... he will get you pointed in the right direction and he's a good guy to chat with. He's also not too far from where you are at. They make the cam I installed in my bike.

·
Registered
2018 Road Glide Special-Wicked Red
1,663 Posts
I would talk with Wes at Cycle Rama in Pinellas Park Florida. Like some on here suggested to me..... he will get you pointed in the right direction and he's a good guy to chat with. He's also not too far from where you are at. They make the cam I installed in my bike.
That would be my recommendation if within reasonable distance. The cr480 was the cam I had narrowed down to before going with the S&S 475. They may guide you to another with a 131".

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I will reach out Monday, Thanks
It’s a bit of a ride, but there is a awesome shop in palm beach gardens. He’s a fuel moto dealer and he just got a dyno. Super stand up guy.
Just in case , do you have the name?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well guys, decided to postpone ( for now) the new CAM replacement. I am installing JAckpot headpipes 2-1-2 and also order the DynoJet Power Vison tuner.
Question: Can I turn on and ride for a day with the Jackpot head pipes ( I am running the SE Pro Tuner) ? Or should I tune it before fire it up and ride?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 52 Posts