Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

Premium Member
Well guys, decided to postpone ( for now) the new CAM replacement. I am installing JAckpot headpipes 2-1-2 and also order the DynoJet Power Vison tuner.
Question: Can I turn on and ride for a day with the Jackpot head pipes ( I am running the SE Pro Tuner) ? Or should I tune it before fire it up and ride?

Thanks
If it were my bike, I would install the pipe and the tuner together and be done with it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
If it were my bike, I would install the pipe and the tuner together and be done with it.
...I am with you...the only reason is that I am not mechanically inclined and was planning to take it to a local shop to have the pipes install then ride home and do the tuning w PowerVision. Just didnt know if this could affect/damage something 馃槙

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Sooooo.... here I go , I got the jackpot 2-1-2 stainless steel and the Power Vision w map by Fuel Moto. I will attempt to do this head pipes install on my own o_O......any advise from you guys before I start? I seen few videos but still have few questions: can i used existing gaskets ( i am at 17K) ? , should I completely remove the sensors ( I seen some people only unscrewing the sensors without unplug), ect......any advise would be highly appreciated !!! :unsure:

Premium Member
I would definitely replace the gaskets and I would completely remove the sensors. Work slowly, assemble and align everything before final tightening. Some will say to tighten bolts front to rear while others will tell you to start in the rear and work your way forward. Make sure to do it as Fuel Moto states in their instructions.
When you go to reinstall the O2 sensors, make sure to use anti seize on the threads only. DO NOT get that stuff on the sensor itself.
Also I believe replacing the gaskets is a must with the FM pipe as they have a different flange style than the original HD pipe.
Good luck!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I would definitely replace the gaskets and I would completely remove the sensors. Work slowly, assemble and align everything before final tightening. Some will say to tighten bolts front to rear while others will tell you to start in the rear and work your way forward. Make sure to do it as Fuel Moto states in their instructions.
When you go to reinstall the O2 sensors, make sure to use anti seize on the threads only. DO NOT get that stuff on the sensor itself.
Also I believe replacing the gaskets is a must with the FM pipe as they have a different flange style than the original HD pipe.
Good luck!
Thanks!!!!

Super Moderator
Thanks brother. I am just a little concern to do it myself since I brake stuff :geek:. But I appreciate all of your support!!!
You're very welcome Juan!
Just take Your time and read the instructions provided very carefully and You should be just fine.
Don't hesitate to ask for any assistance as We are All here to Help a Brother out.
Best of Luck!
Mike U.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
You're very welcome Juan!
Just take Your time and read the instructions provided very carefully and You should be just fine.
Don't hesitate to ask for any assistance as We are All here to Help a Brother out.
Best of Luck!
Mike U.
The instructions are very simple, but should I used anti-seize on the flank bolts as well as the O2 sensors? and also on the video I dont recall him using blue loctite on the brackets holding the pipes..?!

Super Moderator
The instructions are very simple, but should I used anti-seize on the flank bolts as well as the O2 sensors? and also on the video I dont recall him using blue loctite on the brackets holding the pipes..?!
Juan, use very little anti-seize on the threads and be very careful not to get any on the 02 Sensors.
Mike U.

Premium Member
Sooooo i was 1/10 in to the job and I strip the first bolt removing the floor boards :cry:
I'd start looking for independent shops or maybe a local forum member to help you out. If you were closer to Chicago, we'd be done with the install already.
Good luck, hope you can get this hammered out soon!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Question, I am taking the bike to HD dealership for install my new Jackpot 2-1-2 . Is it ok to flash the bike today with the new map created by Fuel Moto / Power Vision?, considering that I will have to start the bike few times before dropping it off at dealership ( I won't ride it, I will trail it) If they install the Power Vision, they will charge another 1/2-hour labor :rolleyes:

21 - 40 of 52 Posts