Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got these 5x7 Memphis Audio car speakers from the previous owner when I bought the bike. He never installed them.

The bike is a '10 RGC.

It already has the extra 2 speaker low in the fairing.

Can these speakers go where the stock speakers are? And, are they an upgrade over the Hawg Tunes speakers that are already there? No since in messing with it if the Hog Tunes are better.

I think the previous owner had told me that some tabs would need modded or something, but he wasn't sure and I have no idea.

Input please?

Thanks.

·
Registered
9,331 Posts
If you already have the 5x7 HT speakers, then yes they will fit right up to the 5x7 HT brackets which replace the oem brackets. You might have to drill new holes in the speaker to align.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are these better (louder/clearer) than the hog tunes?

I'm not sure if the hogtunes are 5x7 or 6x9. I'll dig up a pic from when I did the bar swap, maybe one of you guys can help me tell?

·
Registered
9,331 Posts
I don't know which one is going to be better , but there's only one way to find out.
Those are 5x7. No way 6x9 are fitting in the oem speaker location in the fairing.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK cool. Thanks a lot for the help bud! In a perfect world I'll find someone that already did a similar mod haha. I just don't wanna do work to take a step backwards!

Anyway changed out hog tunes and noticed enough difference to matter?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts