Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I have an Alpine ida 305 http://www.crutchfield.com/S-WU2TgOGRViH/p_500IDA305S/Alpine-iDA-X305S.htmlhead unit with Infinity Kappa speakers front and rear. The amp is currently an Alpine and in the saddlebag. I want to get an RF PBR and put it in the fairing. I have no idea the ohms on my head unit or speakers. Will this combo work well?

Drew
Don't see a reason it should not work but you do need to find out what the ohms are. That will determine how you need to wire it up. Are you keeping both amps?

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is the ohms for the head unit 2 V/10 k ohms It also says this. S/N: 80 dBA (reference: 1 W into 4 Ohms)

I obviously don't understand how ohms affect the system.

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
The ohms (impeadance) on the HU isn't important, but you do need to know the ohms on the speakers. Also JMO if I were going with the RF, I'd go with 2 300x2 instead of one 300x4, or even just one 300x2. IMO the 300x2 puts out better sound, but that's another subject.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are specs on teh speakers so it seems they are 4 ohm, correct? 3-way 6-3/4" speakers (pair)
fit 6-1/2" openings with modification
True Four Ohm Impedance technology: speaker's 2-ohm impedance combines with speaker wire impedance for a 4-ohm load
Plus One® woven-glass-fiber woofer cone with hi-roll rubber surround
1" edge-driven M.M.D.® dome tweeter
edge-driven UHF (ultra-high frequency) super-tweeter
computer-optimized outboard crossover with tweeter level control
direct-connect crossover dongle
power range: 2-75 watts RMS (225 watts peak power)
frequency response: 45-30,000 Hz
sensitivity: 95 dB
top-mount depth: 2-5/16"
warranty: 3 years

·
Registered
576 Posts
Go with one or two PBR 300x2's

I agree that you should go with one or two 300x2's vs. one 300x4. The 300x2's give you the greatest flexibility in setup. The 300x4 is ok but is only stable running at 4 ohms.

I started with the 300x4 and ended up replacing it with two 300x2's. they provide an overall better sound and I'm able to protect the fairing speakers while optimizing sound better due to adjustable crossovers. The 300x4 has a fixed high pass cross over point.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts