Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a little advice since I just purchased my first road glide a couple of weeks ago, a 2009 SERG CVO.
Not familiar with taking the fairing off yet, but plan on doing that soon.
I have purchased a few items that must be mounted in the fairing so I am concerned about placement/fitment.
I purchased the hawgwired stage 3 system with the RS400 amp/2 6.5" speakers/ and some other items.
I also purchased the HDPDPLUS2 iPod interface to go on the HK unit.
Looks like both the amp and the ipod interface should be mounted on top of the HK unit, is that correct? Will that fit?
Any advice you folks can give me surely would be appreciated.

Thanks
Scottie

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I, also, mounted my Hawg Wired amp using the Velcro supplied with the kit. It has held firm.
I have my CB mounted above the H/K radio.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I'm looking for a little advice since I just purchased my first road glide a couple of weeks ago, a 2009 SERG CVO.
Not familiar with taking the fairing off yet, but plan on doing that soon.
I have purchased a few items that must be mounted in the fairing so I am concerned about placement/fitment.
I purchased the hawgwired stage 3 system with the RS400 amp/2 6.5" speakers/ and some other items.
I also purchased the HDPDPLUS2 iPod interface to go on the HK unit.
Looks like both the amp and the ipod interface should be mounted on top of the HK unit, is that correct? Will that fit?
Any advice you folks can give me surely would be appreciated.

Thanks
Scottie
Scottie, It would help you as well if you get yourself the OEM parts manual and the OEM service manual to get around the systems of your new machine. I find them and this forum of immense help.
Make sure you don't strip out the 6 screw holes that hold your inner and outer fairings together.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts