Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 4 channel amp and my RGC stock head unit only has two outputs, if I cut the stock speaker wires, splice in an additional set and bring all four into the amp, will that work in satisfying the 4 inputs needed for my amp? Or will it reduce my ohms to 2?

Thanks,
Wade

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Well, why not just use two outputs on the amp?

The stock H/K radio does have all four outputs active. The Fader is just not activated.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
If you have an rgc you can have the rear speakers activated and the reader control active at which point you'll have 4 sets of inputs. You then have to buy from hd the pins that go into the right side plug that contains the open spots for your rear speakers put wires to pins and put pins into plug and you're done.

·
Registered
109 Posts
That surprises me. Most amps can use two inputs and still give four outputs, but yes, if you "Y" the connectors going into the amp, it will work without changing any resistance on the input side. You do have to be careful hooking up the speaker side, because you could easily change the resistance with different speaker configurations.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Like the previous poster said most four channel amps can take a two channel input and still produce 4 channels of output. If yours has this capability there should be a switch on the panel to do so. Which amp are we talking about here?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
146 Posts
As RoadGlideRider & Volusianator have posted, the stock HK does have 4 channels of output. When I installed my J&M Rokker 4 channel amp they provided the connector to plug into the back of the head unit. I stopped into my local stealership and they turned on the fader function and did it for free! Of course, I had purchased the bike there just 2 months earlier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts