Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,
I have had the wind deflector kit installed on my 2017 Road Glide Special since new, and I just added factory hard lowers this morning. Has anyone had this combination and worried about excessive heat? I haven't ridden it like this yet. and will take off the deflector kit if the engine is going to run too hot.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Me too! i just put lowers on last month, had the engine guard ones on for years no issues, even removed my Sancho's wings now. Don't need them anymore no buffeting at all.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wind deflectors

Greetings,
I'm referring to the wind deflector kit that attaches to the engine guards, HD# 57000510. After installing the hard lowers, I felt the engine heat that was absent without the lowers. I took the wind deflector kit off, but no difference in the heat. The catalog doesn't warn about using the wind deflectors with the lowers, although some reviewers do. PS, I do like having the lowers installed; much less updraft.
Thanks for feedback.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks BB Bomber. I'd just as soon put them back on rather than put them on the shelf with the growing pile of unused parts live.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice looking bike. Do you have the wind deflectors that attach to the engine guards installed too?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Road Dog, I went with the factory lowers. They went together fine and function properly, and I like the set up a lot. I saw lots of folks liked the aftermarket ones, but there were also those who had complaints.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts