Road Glide banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought the bike in September, the salesman pointed out a set of detachable wind deflectors hooked to crash bar and run up front of gas tank.. He told me they for cold weather.. I took them off when it got warm..I put them back on for my trip last week (was supposed to get into the 50s at night).. All my helmet buffeting disappeared.. looks they are going to be a permanent addition, hot or cold..

·
Registered
336 Posts
Got them on my RGU as well, and have stayed on since day 1. For those with the RGC, it's a very inexpensive part (~$25 if I remember right), and you won't even notice them when looking at/riding the bike and work wonders for buffeting, especially when combined with lowers/sancho wings/GAADs. I can ride 70+ with no buffeting.

·
Gone But Not Forgotten
3,967 Posts
...... He told me they for cold weather.. ..
........ he B a kidder
...... they were intended to manage the air coming thru the forks & over the tank that contributes to the buffeting many encounter.
...... and anything that manages/directs cold air when yer riding in the winter is gonna contribute to comfort

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Are these the black pieces for $40? that you all speak of? I know I have a 15 and you all have 13's and older... just wondering if the outcome on these is the same. I haven't heard any feedback for 15's and these deflectors yet

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are these the black pieces for $40? that you all speak of? I know I have a 15 and you all have 13's and older... just wondering if the outcome on these is the same. I haven't heard any feedback for 15's and these deflectors yet

I would say so.. But like you stated, with our older RG, you can't see them.. They are under tree and rest on front of tank..

·
Registered
10,387 Posts

I think I seen the newer version had a few more bends in the paddle. Like what your showing.

·
Registered
476 Posts

I've got a couple weeks on the set I put on, they work well. They moved the airflow over the tank from my chest/lower face region up to the top of my helmet. The make the most difference with the vents closed, but also smooth out the air in the cockpit when the vents are open. They were an inexpensive investment to try, and worth the 30 or so dollars I paid for them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've got a couple weeks on the set I put on, they work well. They moved the airflow over the tank from my chest/lower face region up to the top of my helmet. The make the most difference with the vents closed, but also smooth out the air in the cockpit when the vents are open. They were an inexpensive investment to try, and worth the 30 or so dollars I paid for them.
Agreed. I put them on a couple of weeks ago. Well worth the $40 or so. They simply hook over the tank mounts, and the engine guard. 30 second install.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.