Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you do to deal with wind rushing in your ears. Ear plugs and low tones of V-twins don't mix. Hell even full face helmets just cause droning noise inside them. Nothing like that late night ringing in the ears after a ride... Windshields, deflectors, lowers, etc. etc.. I've been using a bandana over the ears to break up the direct wind in the ears. There has got to be a better way to deal with that wind noise that is just ruining the ol ear pieces...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried that, I put a screen so big on it, it was just under my nose bridge, same problem... fork deflectors helped a little but man, I'm gettinging beat to death...

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
Backroading it dosn't seem to bother me. If I am going to be on the super slab for a while I sometimes put in the foam roll up ear plugs. Amazing how well I can still here with them in.

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Try the silicon swimmers earplugs that you roll into a ball and put in the outer part of the ear instead of in the ear like foam plugs.

What do you mean by ear plugs and the low rumble of the bike don't mix?

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
Try the silicon swimmers earplugs that you roll into a ball and put in the outer part of the ear instead of in the ear like foam plugs.

What do you mean by ear plugs and the low rumble of the bike don't mix?
There isn't a better plug then the silicone ear plugs.

There literally just a dab of silicone.

You push it in your ear and it completely conforms to the inner ear.

When I surfed during the winter months in Cali, I wore them every time to perfect my already f-cked up ears.

I don't wear plugs and yeah my hearing sucks.

I hate anything in my ears while riding.

For you, the silicone will be your best option other then a car, lol.

Hope you figure it brother.

Swomack

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
switched out the stock shield on my 15 RGS for the 11" LRS Stingray. much much better right away. But I agree with ear plugs. I had a custom set made as well, but lost one a few weeks back. Picked up a set of those silicone ones for shooting, works pretty well (still prefer the the custom ones). It may seem counter productive, but you can actually hear the radio better with them in while flying down the super slab as they cut out the wind nose and the highs out of the speakers.

My hearing isn't the greatest either. Too many concerts and playing in bands. Took me a while to start wearing plugs to concerts, gotta protect what I have left.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Almost all earplugs make everything dull and different sounding. You might want to try Vibes. They are a silicone ear plug with a small hole in the center stud used to put them in a take them out. The db rating is about half the foam ear plug rating but the sound you get is much better. Might be just what your looking for.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts