Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about putting those things on my triple tree. The ones that are shown to stop some of the wind from coming up underneath has anybody ever used them

·
Registered
8,240 Posts
I am thinking about putting those things on my triple tree. The ones that are shown to stop some of the wind from coming up underneath has anybody ever used them
Yes, they helped on my 2010. I'm sure they will help on yours. Just don't expect miracles.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I was looking at baker wings. They have several wind management products. One just above the lowers, and one under the fairing around the triple tree. I bought the soft lowers today, and they seem to help.
Gary

·
Registered
8,240 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I had those on my 09. I was also running a 14" LRS shield & hard lowers. When I removed the deflectors I didn't notice any change. I still have them somewhere.
A decent shield & lowers make a big difference.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had those on my 09. I was also running a 14" LRS shield & hard lowers. When I removed the deflectors I didn't notice any change. I still have them somewhere.
A decent shield & lowers make a big difference.
I bought a long ride shield 16", it works well . the new lowers seem to make a difference.
Gary

·
Registered
223 Posts
Grimsby/Grassie

HD under fairing wind deflectors from day one. So I can't make a comparison. But they were a big improvement on my 2002 so that is why I put them on from the get go on the 2015.
Soft lowers on the 2015 because of the heat to the rider on the 2002. Just take them off and stow them if it gets hot.
10 inch smoke Wind Vest after trying a 9 and 2 HD models. Works well in all ways and weather. 14000 klms so far. But I continue to use the 2002 as the winter beater her in Niagara Canada.
Yes some of use still ride in Canada in the winter winter. Snow and ice on the road side. Lowers help a lot.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have the GADs system 2 for my 12 RGU but have not got bike back together, sill waiting on handle bars, will give a review of everything once done. I am also switching out the windshield too, the 12 inch klockwerks did nothing for me.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I stand corrected, the Kuryakyn Lower Triple Tree Wind Deflector makes a nice pocket void of air within the while fairing area. Made a point to feel around with my hand. Does a great job. Guess I really didnt pay attention to it in the busy traffic to work.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I bought a long ride shield 16", it works well . the new lowers seem to make a difference.
Gary
Might as well get the deflectors to go along with the parts listed above.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Might as well get the deflectors to go along with the parts listed above.
I might get them, or something aftermarket. I have even thought I could make something. What I have now is not intolerable, but for a long trip. (Weeks, or month) I would want less up draft for 500+ mile days.
Gary

·
Registered
352 Posts
I might get them, or something aftermarket. I have even thought I could make something. What I have now is not intolerable, but for a long trip. (Weeks, or month) I would want less up draft for 500+ mile days.
Gary
Take a look at the GADS, LTTD, I personally can't review since bike is tore down, but they look like they will do the job your wanting and something similar would be easy to make looks like to me.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I have the crashbar wind deflectors on my 15RGS... makes a difference... what you can see is the vertical deflector that 'T's into the piece in the pic going from side-to-side.

Road Glide Wind Deflector Kit | Wind Deflectors & Lowers | Official Harley-Davidson Online Store

You can see them here... not oriented correctly but you get the idea

The older ASH TRAY style from 13 and down do not fit on the Rushmores bottom triples... ABS lines in the way... but I think Kuryakyn makes one for Rushmores now

EDIT:

Kuryakyn does make them... NOT IN STOCK til 3/4/16

'14-'15 TOURING MODELS
P/N Description UOM Price
1804 Chrome
Following Models with ABS Brakes: '14-'16 Electra Glides, Road Glides, Road Kings & Street Glides
EA $29.99
No Stock Until 3/4/2016 BUY >
1805 Satin Black
Following Models with ABS Brakes: '14-'16 Electra Glides, Road Glides, Road Kings & Street Glides
EA $29.99

·
Registered
491 Posts
Get a Madstad and be done with it.
I was going to suggest the Madstad as that would be the ultimate solution for the problem, but I know how that is a definite "love it or hate it" relationship. I run a 14.5 dark tint on mine and I have ZERO issues with turbulence of any kind.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I have the crashbar wind deflectors on my 15RGS... makes a difference... what you can see is the vertical deflector that 'T's into the piece in the pic going from side-to-side.

Road Glide Wind Deflector Kit | Wind Deflectors & Lowers | Official Harley-Davidson Online Store

The older ASH TRAY style from 13 and down do not fit on the Rushmores bottom triples... ABS lines in the way... but I think Kuryakyn makes one for Rushmores now

EDIT:

'14-'15 TOURING MODELS
1804 Chrome
EA $29.99
1805 Satin Black
EA $29.99

Kuryakyn is the one I mentioned installing above. Works pretty good. Just bought it off ebay last week and installed it yesterday.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts

EDIT:

'14-'15 TOURING MODELS
1804 Chrome
EA $29.99
1805 Satin Black
EA $29.99

Thanks, just bought one on eBay from Eastern Performance for 26.99 shipped.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have the Harley deflectors that Smarty Posted they help a little and also keep most the bugs off the tank as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think I also might try the Kuryakyn Lower Triple Tree Wind Deflector. Before I got the LRS I did not notice how much air comes up between the tank and fairing. My face is now out of the wind do to the taller shield but now it seems my beard catches alot more wind from below.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts