Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
That is really cool, the light exiting the tunnel looks like something off of Star Trek. :D

Where do you have the camera mounted?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Thanks for sharing- very cool.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Jay, great video, yes at the tunnels it looks like you were going to warp speed. Hey, I just want to say thanks again for the instructions about getting around Wichita back in June. We passed through that area with no issues.

Nevadasun

·
Registered
908 Posts
We have rode Wind River Canyon twice, once in 05, high winds and light rain.

We rode it again in 10, nice sunny day, perfect weather and a great ride.:D

·
Registered
723 Posts
Nice vid, I am wanting to get a video camera to mount on the bike too.

Can you post some info and picks of how you have it mounted? That is mostly what has been holding me back. Not sure how to mount on the RG.

Thanks

·
Registered
955 Posts
That vid brings back great memories. I've ridden that stretch between Shoshone and Thermopolis 3 or 4 times, the last in 2010.

One thing that amazes me is going south from Thermopolis, you're very obviously going down hill but the water in the river appears to be running uphill. The whitewater is uphill of the rocks. I know it's impossible, but it really does a mind f--- on you when you look at it.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts

Can you post some info and picks of how you have it mounted? That is mostly what has been holding me back. Not sure how to mount on the RG.

Thanks
Thanks for the video. Haven't gotten near the West side yet.

That's what I have been wondering. Is it mounted on the top of the left side handlebar? It almost seem as as though it's mounted on your left shoulder. It was much easier on the FatBoy, mounted smack in the middle of the bars. GoPro camera. Have a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faWiuMiR3JM

·
Registered
955 Posts
Contour makes a really cool sports cam, too. I bought a model that had GPS in it so when you viewed the vid there was a small window on the screen with a map and it showed right where you were when you shot the video. It had an icon on the map that would move at same speed as the video. 1080p HD, man it was a doozie. It was too high tech for me so I returned it and spent the money on something more functional and practical. Saddlebag guards and guard bags. lol

·
Registered
953 Posts
Thanks for the video. Haven't gotten near the West side yet.

That's what I have been wondering. Is it mounted on the top of the left side handlebar? It almost seem as as though it's mounted on your left shoulder. It was much easier on the FatBoy, mounted smack in the middle of the bars. GoPro camera. Have a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faWiuMiR3JM
I think he taught the Parrot on his left shoulder how to video his rides. :D ARRRRH. JK of course. Great video Jay!

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Thanks
I just recently got the camera, so I've been experimenting with mounts. For this video, yes, it was mounted on a RAM mount on the left handlebar. I'm not totally happy with it, because the camera has a 170* fisheye lens and it makes for an odd angle with respect to the windshield.

Here's how it was mounted:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've also got this flexible tripod. This one's called a Gorilla Pod. It's legs can be wrapped around a mirror stem, etc. I thinking of trying to 'form' the legs on the top of the windshield to give an eye level view, with nothing on the bike visible in the shot. I'll have to convince myself that my camera won't go flying off the side of a mountain first.

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
That was very cool. Thanks for posting. I just got the Drift 1080 too. I've yet to upload my first shot at using it from my recent trip to the Black Hills Rally. I did review from the viewfinder footage from the right crash bar mount. Seems like a whole lot of road and a whole lot of sky with constant view of the front wheel.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I just recently got the camera, so I've been experimenting with mounts. For this video, yes, it was mounted on a RAM mount on the left handlebar. I'm not totally happy with it, because the camera has a 170* fisheye lens and it makes for an odd angle with respect to the windshield.

Here's how it was mounted:
Jay, lower the camera to the absolute lowest setting possible, but just above the windshield. That will reduce the tendency of the camera to shake (less leverage) due to the pulses of these mighty V-Twins.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Hey Jay, I just noticed that your handlebars seem to be shaped, how shall we say...uh, yes...NORMAL. What type are they?

·
Registered
908 Posts
That vid brings back great memories. I've ridden that stretch between Shoshone and Thermopolis 3 or 4 times, the last in 2010.

One thing that amazes me is going south from Thermopolis, you're very obviously going down hill but the water in the river appears to be running uphill. The whitewater is uphill of the rocks. I know it's impossible, but it really does a mind f--- on you when you look at it.
I am glad I am not the only one that thought it looked like the river was flowing the wrong way. I know it is impossible but...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts