Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went to the Laughlin river run this weekend. I've been in the market for a new windscreen for a while and read all the info I could find. Long story short, wind vest was at the rally and I talked to them for a while. They happened to be doing three installs on road glides. I brought my bike over, they measured me on the bike etc. I went with the 13 inch in gun smoke.
The ride home couldn't have had crappier weather to test out the new shield. It was raining hard and 30-40 mph winds. I couldn't be happier with the shield. Buffeting was almost non-existant, way less music distortion and all the wind that used to go around me and pummel my wife on the back was all gone. The quality of the shield is way better than the Harley wind splitter I had on the bike. My biggest goal was to find a shield that would make the wife enjoy the ride more and I think we found it. Doug, from windvest, installed the shield and was awesome to deal with.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Good review. I also just put a 14" Gunsmoke Windvest on my Glide and love it! The only wind I am feeling now is coming up from around my legs. A set of soft lowers should resolve than when needed. Nice shield.

·
Registered
95 Posts
How tall are ya, might try one just for comparison to my 14" LRS which I'm convinced I should have went taller.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
5'9" sloucher with a 14" WV. Awesome. If I sit up straight I see over the shield. Had it on for about 3 years-- very good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts