Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since replacing my puter with a new one running windows 8 I'm having no luck viewing downloaded maps from DynoJet site anyone else having these issues ?

·
EFI tuning and Exhaust Expert
815 Posts
No issues with Windows 8 and WinPv. If you cannot load downloaded maps you likely need to change the config so it opens .pvt files with WinPv, otherwise open them directly in the WinPv software by selecting open and choosing the appropriate file.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Since replacing my puter with a new one running windows 8 I'm having no luck viewing downloaded maps from DynoJet site anyone else having these issues ?
Probably a popup blocker issue. I'd say disable it for Fuelmotousa.com

[edit] never mind, just re-read that. As Jamie says, you need to be sure the .PVT files are associated with WinPV. The WinPV installation should have done that, but if not - go to the folder where any .PVT file is. Right click on a PVT file then choose "more options" and you should see WinPV in the list. PM me if you are still having trouble.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Maybe I misunderstood the question?

I know I had a laptop with an old version of Windowns on it, and couldn't do anything with the PV with my new laptop until I downloaded the update from the site.

Hating windows 8! lol

·
Registered
654 Posts
I wish windows 8 had a windows 7 conversion. Sorry, not trying to break a thread.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I wish windows 8 had a windows 7 conversion. Sorry, not trying to break a thread.
Windows 8.1 has an option you can set to boot to the desktop instead of the Start screen.

When you are in the desktop, right-click on the task bar, click "properties", then click on the "Navigation" tab, and check "When I sign in or close all apps on a screen, go to the desktop instead of Start"

If you arent on 8.1 you should be, its a free update, and it should be listed in Windows Update.

·
Registered
498 Posts
You probably need to go to the Tools section in IE and check the Compatibility Mode. With Windows 8 you have to check that to open sites and download from sites that were created for earlier versions of Windows and IE. My wife got a new computer with Windows 8 and had so much trouble downloading over Internet Explorer due to compatibility issues that I finally loaded Firefox for her browser and that solved all of the download issues. She has a business and depends on being able to download certain design purchases she makes. She no longer uses Internet Explorer that came packaged with Windows 8.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts