Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got my new seat on and now the windvest, (think it is 8") which never offered any protection is giving even less.

So I am going to change it. It will be taller, to the just-below-the eyes measurement when I get that measurement taken.I have narrowed it down to the polycarbonate non adjustable varieties made by

Harley
Long Ride Shields
National Cycle

I really like Klock Werks too but the price is not where I need it.

In the arcrylic I like Memphis Shades. The Memphis Shades are more wallet friendly but I worry about how long arcrylic will last riding 70 miles a day in Arizona conditions. I have always liked their gradient tints.

The OEM Harley's are a dime a dozen and I like how their geometry when I sit on the scoot, but they are not tinted in the tall shield.

The National Cycle is a bit thicker than the Harleys, that seems like a feature worth considering.

Please chime in with some opinions.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I just ordered the Klock Works Sport Shield and ya a bit pricey. That stock Harley one you are talking about with out tint, have you checked into maybe tinting it. I've never tried it, but it might work.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
There is nothing wrong with Windvest windshields you just have one that is too short.
A 8 inch windshield of any brand is worthless for function but they look cool.
I use the 12 inch Windvest and I love it and I look about 2 inches above the top. A 12, 13 or 14 inch would work depending on your seat and how tall you are.
I used a Klockwerks windshield before and it wasn't as good as the Windvest so it sits in my box of misfit toys.

·
Registered
490 Posts
http://www.freedomshields.net/

Great fit and function. Has a flare that looks cool as well. Price is right and customer service is top notch. You can try it on bike before deciding to keep it, or send back for full refund. Finish is better than any shield iv'e seen personally, though I havent seen a MadStad up close. If Freedom didnt work I was going to cut the check for MadStad, but it worked great.

·
Registered
86 Posts
One word "Mastad" if you try it and get over the looks, kinda like getting over a fixed fairing thing, you'll never look back. You'll then remove the element of collecting windshields, trying to get the right fit. Personally, I think the 2015 Madstad, adds to the look, with a slightly different line to match the new fairing.

Sure I'm bias, cause it works.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Windshield

Ironmark I sent you a PM

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have a 14 inch windvest on my 2007 my buddy has a 2007 he has a 13 inch windvest there is a huge difference just between those two bikes
I am extremely happy with the 14 inch WV that I am running
It does appear though the one inch makes a big difference between friends (bikes)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts