Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum and I have a few questions regarding windshields. I have been doing whatever reading I can and thought an 8.5 Klockwerks on my 2010RGC would be perfect. It is much better than stock but still I have turbulence around my noggin. I'm leaning towards a Cee Glide. According to the instructions on the CeeBailey website I should buy a 12". Has anybody found the tape measure and string method to hold true? I don't want to make a bad purchase. Thanks

·
Registered
115 Posts
maybe look into Freedom shields they tell you to take it out for a test ride before taking the film off. If you don't like it they take it back. you can either get a different sized shield or just get your $$$ back. They are super nice to deal with to.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
MadStad has a satisfaction guaranteed policy and outstanding customer service/advice to make sure you get the right screen in the right position for you and (often more importantly) your passenger.

·
Super Moderator
1,784 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Windshields and seats are two most personal item on your bike.

If you are going to do any long distance touring, Madstad is the way to go. Yes they are fugly but they simple perform the best.

For around town and local rides, I prefer a windvest, that works best for me.

Best advice, get your seat situated first. Get the best comfort for yourself that way then get a windshield that works for you in your comfortable sitting position.

The average number of windshields bought is usually 3 before you find the "perfect" one for you.

Regards,

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thank you all for your input. I'm sure the madstad is good but I can't get past the look. I'm leaning towards a 12"-14" shield not sure what make yet.

·
Super Moderator
12,348 Posts
You might want to look at the LRS Mako also. Very good shield, I recently took my KW off and went back to the LRS. I'm still thinking about trying a Madstad, they look a lot better in person.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll check out the LRS. Thanks to all. Again I can't get past the looks of the madstad. It's like wearing sweatpants to church, Comfortable but people look at you funny.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I'm new to the forum and I have a few questions regarding windshields. I have been doing whatever reading I can and thought an 8.5 Klockwerks on my 2010RGC would be perfect. It is much better than stock but still I have turbulence around my noggin. I'm leaning towards a Cee Glide. According to the instructions on the CeeBailey website I should buy a 12". Has anybody found the tape measure and string method to hold true? I don't want to make a bad purchase. Thanks
The Klockwerks will do nothing for the turbulence and neither will the Cee Bailey. Since the Madsatd is to cool for you get a windshield with a recurve like a Windvest (the original recurved windshield) etc...

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
+1 on the Windvest. I been using a Windvest for years and I really like it. I am around 5'8 and I use the 12 inch windshield.
The best thing to do to help with wind control is to put on fairing lowers, most people look at the windshield as being the problem when in reality most of the buffeting comes from down below the fairing, fairing lowers will eliminate about 70 to 80% of buffeting.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
I'll check out the LRS. Thanks to all. Again I can't get past the looks of the madstad. It's like wearing sweatpants to church, Comfortable but people look at you funny.
Not entirely true. For Bikeweek and Biketoberfest several times I came back to where my bike was parked to find a small crowd around it with people trying to figure out the windshield. I answered many question and received many compliments on the shield and how it looked. Although some have said they feel that the MS looks better on my paint scheme than any other bike. I don't think it looks that bad on most bikes. Now if it is looks that you are the most concerned about then go for a medium or short size shield and be done with it. To be honest, once you go taller than a 12" shield on these bikes they start getting just as unappealing as the MS so you might as well give in and be comfortable. I often talk about going back to a shorter good looking shield but then I have to go on a long trip and realize how much more comfy the ride is. Just my 2 cents, which may only be worth half that these days.... :rolleyes:

Good luck!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I can tell you there are 3 items I installed that work together to solve the dreaded buffeting.
1) Windvest windshield. Pick your height. Has proven to be a good product.
2) Sanchos wings. Not pretty but very effective.
3) Harley crash bar mounted wind deflectors.
2011 RG is a pleasure to ride AFTER ALL OF THESE WERE NSTALLED.
Good luck.
John

1 - 14 of 14 Posts