Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a windshield that will block the wind for my 2009 Road Glide Custom. Also looking for a set of mirrors that you can see behind you with. The ones I have now do not extend out far enough and all you see when you look in them is my arms. Anyone else have these issues?

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
I'm running the Windvest 10" with the flip and the wind goes right over the top of my head. I'm 6'1". I've used them on all my bikes with much success.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
My stock shield works good for me so no help there, However, I just put the Harley 2" mirror extensions on mine and at least I can see something besides my elbows. Plan on swapping to the Harley split vision mirrors in the future.
Ive got the split visions..they are the only mirrors I will ever have on any motorcycle I ever own...unless someone else makes one just like them...They have saved my bacon ...I dont need extensions, but im not 6'4" either

·
Registered
140 Posts
My dealership parts manager swapped my 2 short stem mirrors (stock) for 2 long stem mirrors at no charge when he agreed with my assertion that the bike should come with mirrors that you can actually see behind you with. Anyone who buys a bike from a dealer should insist on this since it's a straight swap at little or no cost for the dealer. Also, kuryakin makes a great little extender that works much better than the HD ones and I believe also costs less. Good luck.

·
Registered
190 Posts
My dealership parts manager swapped my 2 short stem mirrors (stock) for 2 long stem mirrors at no charge when he agreed with my assertion that the bike should come with mirrors that you can actually see behind you with. Anyone who buys a bike from a dealer should insist on this since it's a straight swap at little or no cost for the dealer. Also, kuryakin makes a great little extender that works much better than the HD ones and I believe also costs less. Good luck.
I'm only 5'10, 30" inseam, but the mirror stems are as far out as I can get them and my arms are about 50- 60% of the view when I set the mirrors where I like them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts