Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe this was tried and failed........

Wondering why no after market windshield co has developed a windshield with a "scoop" on the leading edge (where the shield meets the fairing). Not a vent in the line of sight, which I think was tried. Rather a thin vent maybe ~1 inch in height to allow airflow on the rider-side of the shield. Might help to balance the pressure differential that causes so much of the buffeting.

What I'm thinking of would serve the same purpose as the scoop/vent on the 2015 RGs. Mayhaps even deliver the reported great results of the madstat product which I cannot bear to put on my pretty bike.

Ironmark (forum member) rigged up a home-made version (link below):

http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=16716&highlight=installed+windshield+wellnuts&page=2

So who wants to invest some capital and do some R&D?

Note: I have no capital.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Tried the Gild Wing vent on a stock windshield a few years ago. Slight improvement but not dramatic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.