Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
16" dark Freedom windshield for 1998 - 2013 Road Glide.
Received on 3/30/20, mounted and tested on 3/31/20. The shield is a little dark for my liking and instead of shipping back I am going to let it go for $175 plus shipping.
This windshield is great on the highway! 90-100 mph and the bike was incredibly steady and the wind was more tolerable than I ever would have imagined. I ordered a clear replacement which will be here 4/6/20 and then my windshield issues will be solved.
I have nothing but good things to say about these windshields.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sorry this in unrelated to your sale post but I am curious what bars you have on your bike. I have a 2013 and am looking at different bar options. Put some one about a year and half ago but they are just not working for me comfort wise. Yours look like they have a nice amount of pullback which is what I am looking for. Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry this in unrelated to your sale post but I am curious what bars you have on your bike. I have a 2013 and am looking at different bar options. Put some one about a year and half ago but they are just not working for me comfort wise. Yours look like they have a nice amount of pullback which is what I am looking for. Thanks
I will have to look up the specs, but I'm pretty sure they are 14". I went with the Pre wired and the installation was simple. I put some on my ultra classic 2 years ago and figured I would save a few bucks and wire them myself...big mistake. The plug and play wiring is a NO brainer. The only thing I would do differently is gone with the braided cables. I will look up the specifics and get back to you when I have them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BUILD YOUR OWN CUSTOM ROAD GLIDE 2008-2013 PREWIRED APE HANGERS HANDLEBAR DIY KITBike ModelRoad Glide UltraModel Year2013Switch ColorChromeSwitch HousingsChromeCable ColorBlack VinylABSYesCB ControlsNoClutchCable ClutchCruise ControlYesFuel InjectionYesHeated GripsNoCustom Product SkuHC-11414CHandlebar SkuHC-11414CHandlebar NameHCC 1 1/4 inch Chrome 14 inch Ape Hangers for Harley-DavidsonHandlebar Price179.95

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I have checked that company out before. I wired the set I have on now and would probably just do that again. I see they have other kits for the cable extensions and wires. Probably look into those more when I decide to change the bars. Have been leaning towards Wild 1 Ape Hangers. My Road King I had before had a set on them when I bought it and I really liked them. Tried some KST Kustoms on the Road Glide and just haven't really liked them comfort wise.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is my first Road Glide and I think I hit the bars right on the money when I changed them. It was getting the windshield right that was the pita. Finally did the 14" clear freedom touring and it's perfect. Stereo is good at highway speeds and wind deflection is sweet...right up to 110 there was no feeling of hanging on for dear life like I had with the ultra classic

1 - 6 of 6 Posts