Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to spring for a new windshield for the '15 Glide. Looking at the Clockworks "sport", light smoke.
I'm a 5'8" rider and often carry a passenger. What would be the optimum height/size to reduce wind buffet at highway speeds?

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I'm about to spring for a new windshield for the '15 Glide. Looking at the Clockworks "sport", light smoke.

I'm a 5'8" rider and often carry a passenger. What would be the optimum height/size to reduce wind buffet at highway speeds?

Also 5'8/9 ish. Used the 14 WV. Great for me but my off duty supervisor complained a bit.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
About nose level works. A lot of the windshield sites have charts to help determine what shield to get. Freedom recommends taping cardboard at the desired height and riding. I did that, and it works quite well. Plus you get extra style points for the ragamuffin look.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm. My wife is 4'11". Pretty close. Thanks for that info.
Thinking of trying a 14" Klockwerks Sport. They say the actual height is 9". Some more research first though, I'm thinking

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm 5' 10 1/2 and am running a 13" Cee Bailey which is right about nose level for my posture. Can't speak for the passenger as my wife doesn't ride, but I wouldn't want it any higher. Perfect height for quieting down the cockpit and seeing over, while still allowing some duck and cover if necessary in the rain!

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Reds2 saids the windshield height don't matter so cause she's
the same height on the back da bike, except when she's
gettin it from the side

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
I'm running the 14" KlockWerks Sports Flair and for me it's spot on perfect. The wind just goes over my helmet and I can here the audio much better. I say go for it because you will dig it.
Swomack

·
Registered
50 Posts
Have someone hold a tape measure on the top of the vent and run your hand out as straight as possible from the tip of your nose and se where it lands on the tape measure.

For me, I ended up being at 12". Called up Klockwerks and told them my "expert findings" and he recommended their 15" Pro Touring shield. Works perfect for me. The top of the windshield is just a hair under the tip of my nose and I can see over it very easily. And best of all, I'm not getting beat to death by buffeting.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm running the 14" KlockWerks Sports Flair and for me it's spot on perfect. The wind just goes over my helmet and I can here the audio much better. I say go for it because you will dig it.
Swomack
How tall are you and does this work for 2up riding. I'm looking at the 14" freedom but John says go with the 16" or maybe even 18" for my height.

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
How tall are you and does this work for 2up riding. I'm looking at the 14" freedom but John says go with the 16" or maybe even 18" for my height.
I'm 6' tall with a 32" inseam if that helps.
My wife has only road on this bike around town so as far as touring I don't know if the 14" does anything for her or not. Once I get the touring pack on the back for her then I would know for sure.
For solo riding for me the 14" is spot on perfect.
Swomack

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm 6' tall with a 32" inseam if that helps.

My wife has only road on this bike around town so as far as touring I don't know if the 14" does anything for her or not. Once I get the touring pack on the back for her then I would know for sure.

For solo riding for me the 14" is spot on perfect.

Swomack

Unless she's a giant, I'm sure she'll be fine.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Unless she's a giant, I'm sure she'll be fine.
LMAO

Right on well I'm 6'5 with a 30" inseam. I need to choose between a 16" and 18" from my convo with John today.. I might just go half and pick up a 17" that way if I slouch or pick up a Lepara DLL then i wont have issues looking over the shield. But he stated either way I should be good on 2up.

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
I've been running the 14" Sport Flair for some time now and I can say for my its a perfect windshield. I'm 6' tall with a 32" inseam if that helps. I'm sure you would dig it as well.
Swomack

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
LMAO

Right on well I'm 6'5 with a 30" inseam. I need to choose between a 16" and 18" from my convo with John today.. I might just go half and pick up a 17" that way if I slouch or pick up a Lepara DLL then i wont have issues looking over the shield. But he stated either way I should be good on 2up.
I'm not sure if it's a typo but if your 6'-5" and only have a 30 inseam then you have a very long torso, you might need to go with the taller shield.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm not sure if it's a typo but if your 6'-5" and only have a 30 inseam then you have a very long torso, you might need to go with the taller shield.
It's not I have long arms, long torso, etc... i wear 32-34 inseam pants so they dont raise up when i sit down. So I will try the 17" Freedom has since it's middle of the road.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts