Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After spending a considerable amount of time researching windshields and the effects each may have, I have to wonder if it would be possible to manipulate an already installed w/s to mimic what is offered by the highly recommended Madstad. The theory of using 2 separate shields to eliminate turbulence behind the shield makes since but I really prefer the looks of my short shield. Personally, I think the madstad is hideous. Any reason why I couldn't offset my current w/s away from the fairing in order to achieve similar results? I understand that it may not be as good because of the fact that it is much shorter but it should provide something. Right?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Check out this thread

After spending a considerable amount of time researching windshields and the effects each may have, I have to wonder if it would be possible to manipulate an already installed w/s to mimic what is offered by the highly recommended Madstad. The theory of using 2 separate shields to eliminate turbulence behind the shield makes since but I really prefer the looks of my short shield. Personally, I think the madstad is hideous. Any reason why I couldn't offset my current w/s away from the fairing in order to achieve similar results? I understand that it may not be as good because of the fact that it is much shorter but it should provide something. Right?

http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=16716

Could be what you are looking for.

·
Registered
325 Posts
At first I didn't like the looks of my Mad Stad, but I was at the end of the line on the helmet buffeting.
Now it's part of the bike and I have grown to like the look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts