Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 5'11 with a 2016 road glide I'm not sure what size of windshield to get I'm thinking 12 or 14 inch But I want to be able to look over the top of it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I went with the 13" FreedomShield and am very happy. I am 5'11" with a 32" inseam. I can easily see over the top when I sit up and cand more more protects by sitting relaxed. Quiets thing down a lot but I still know I am on a motorcycle. Doesn't look too big.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
I'm 5' 11'' and see over the 16'' long ride thresher easily. The only time I might have to look through it is when cresting a hill and want to look down the other side before the bike starts going down.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
IMHO,

In order:
1. Seat: make sure its the right one, otherwise you will be chasing yourself.
2. Shield
3. Bars, if needed.

It really doesnt make a difference on everyones measurements, unless everyone is riding on the same seat, and they have the same torso, leg length, helmet type, lowers, air deflectors, backrest, seating position (slump), etc., etc...

It will save you time, money, frustration...Ask me how I know!

Ride Safe!!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Depends on maker. Can be the same measurement i.e. 12" but sit at a different height. I choose a MadStad 11" due to having the ability adjust. Got quick detach brackets. Can run just the base plate, almost the same as stock. I'm 5'8" and look over the top even when set at the highest setting. MadStad has a good exchange, return policy, and so do some other companies.

You could try some HD demo shields also, to get an idea.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
John @ Freedom recommends taping cardboard at the windshield height that you're considering and going for a ride. I did just that. Measurement data is available on his site as well as other manufacturers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts