Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at 3 different trims for the vivid black 2017 RG Special, specifically the HD split windshield trim #57400320, the Kuryakyn #2633 (it's plastic, but I like the price) and the Custom Dynamics. The catalog pictures of the Kuryakyn and the Harley pieces look quite similar. I know that's quite a range, but if you have one of these trims, could you give me your opinion? Much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Had Custom Dynamics on my last ride with no complaints, running lights white turned amber with turn signal activated no issues will probably do the same on my new ride time

Reactions: Poppa53

·
Registered
773 Posts
Kuryakyn makes a lot of the Harley trim pieces, so it's not surprising that they look similar. I personally am going with the lighted Custom Dynamics one when I have the cash. I'm a big fan of more lighting because most times people are too distracted when they're driving.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking I could get away with spending less cash, but I've found in the past that's not always the best way to go.
I'm going to order up the Custom Dynamics. I already use their turn signal/running light combo and they're great.
Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Can't go wrong with CD trim..... I have it on my sled and it's second to none!!

Just to throw another wrench into the mix, you can always look at the Ciro trim as well... the light isn't really designed for safety as it's not as bright or in the right position to catch oncoming traffics attention, like the CD trim is, but it would give a nice appearance in the evening if that's what you're after.

Best of luck!!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Sorry, a bit late to the party. :) ADKRider I have tried the Küryakin trim piece. It's not the same quality as the MoCo RG trim. Furthermore it was a pain in the neck to assemble with a total of 8(!) screws. To add insult to injury the trim scratched the paint on the fairing... After loosing one button set-screw on a road trip I was like screw this! ;D
So I ended up with getting the MoCo-trim instead - much better quality and to improve assembly I got the MoCo Windsplitter fairing. I am very happy with the end-result. I really like the «Road Glide» badge on the trim! It's expensive but still worth it!
I haven't tried the Custom Dynamics trim but I am certain it's good quality!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,043 Posts
Custom Dynamics trim, Ciro3 fang headlight bezel, and Ciro3 turn signal inserts. All three flash amber in turn signal mode

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
I went with the CD as well as their LED turn signals! Impressive, especially at night. I like the CD so well I'm gonna go with their new fillers, and sequential saddle bag sets.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Custom Dynamics makes good solid piece...:nerd:

·
Registered
120 Posts
if you choose the expensive custom dynamics, you could get rid of oem turn signal to get better looking.

If you stay with HD one, there's some used on ebay now which make them less expensive.

Hope it help

1 - 15 of 15 Posts