Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Kuryakyn

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
I have the HD and it's a 3 piece set up that's a bitch to get on.. I took mine off when I painted the fairing and haven't put it back on cause of it being a hassle. Just my personal experience.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
How about neither as a option? If you do a search you see that the windshield trim can and will damage the outer fairing. :eek:

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Speaking from experience, the Harley trim will indeed damage your paint over time. I had the trim on my 2009 and when I went to do a windshield swap after about a year, the paint was damaged where the trim touched the paint. It was deep enough into the clear coat that it could not be buffed out. I believe others have had the same experience. The Harley trim is not worth the hassle, unless you plan to keep the trim on forever. JMHO

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Speaking from experience, the Harley trim will indeed damage your paint over time. I had the trim on my 2009 and when I went to do a windshield swap after about a year, the paint was damaged where the trim touched the paint. It was deep enough into the clear coat that it could not be buffed out. I believe others have had the same experience. The Harley trim is not worth the hassle, unless you plan to keep the trim on forever. JMHO
Yep, the day my brother was trading in his 2012 for a 2015 we took it off to change windshield back to stock and the paint was scratched under so he had no choice but to put the trim back on.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I voted Kury because I've owned the Harley Trim and it absolutely SUCKED!! Fitment wasn't the greatest... install was an absolute bitch.... and it scratched my friggin' paint!!! When I finally took mine off for the last time, I literally beat it to death with a framing hammer and threw it away!! Screw that thing!

:mad:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts