Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would like some feedback from you guys on aftermarket trim pieces that go between the windshield and fairing on 2013 or older Road Glides - Kuryakyn, PM, ect... fitment ease of installation - thanks FXRS

·
Super Moderator
5,885 Posts
+1 on the Custom Dynamics set up. They are NICE! Plus they are a Shark Week sponsors.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
I had the kuryakyn on my 11. Pain in the ass to install. Looked good on the bike.

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
I had the HD trim on my bike and it caused severe fairing damage and it cost to over $300 to repair the damage that was done by the trim. Besides that it was a PIA to install, I fixed the fairing and threw away the trim, I would suggest forgetting about the trim. JMO

Reactions: Road dawg

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the kuryakyn on my 11. Pain in the ass to install. Looked good on the bike.

what problems did you have on the install?

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
what problems did you have on the install?
It's just awkward and very tight. Leave the protective film on as long as possible. You'll likely scratch it if you don't. Trying to get the holes lined up. While making it bend. While holding anothe section while making sure the windshield don't move.

A Pain In The Ass.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
anyone tried the PM "Merc" windshield trim?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
anyone tried the PM "Merc" windshield trim?
As already mentioned, stay away from the Kuryakin trim. It's a nightmare just to install the damn thing with tiny set screws on top of the hex screws. If that wasn't bad enough, the whole thing came apart (one of the ridiculously small screws popped off due to vibrations) and the rest of the trim started to flap like a crazy goose seriously effing-up the paint on the fairing (had to bring it to the shop to repaint it!):(

I have this one - like it very much, and people think Performance Machine is about the bike! :)

Contrast Cut Scallop

Here is a photo of my bike - I think it looks great on a Road Glide, not too much, just the right look. IMHO

Attachments

·
Registered
491 Posts
Had the Kuryakyn on my '13 for about 5 minutes, didn't like the way it looked. This is one of those items that either goes right on for some or drives others insane because it's a pain in the ass to line up. My Madstad covers up that part of the fairing now, so it would have been a waste to keep it on. Good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts