Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have a windshield shake or vibration at about 1500-1800 rpm? It's just the shield,not the fairing. Started doing it last year at around 30,000 miles. I've tried tightening and loosening the shield screws but neither makes any difference. Driving me crazy! Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
593 Posts
windshield

See bad vibration on decell posted today in troubleshooting

·
Registered
319 Posts
What kinda shield? I suspect some are worse than others, depending on the thickness.

Mylo

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a Clearview shield and has been on the bike almost since day one. There was no problem until last fall. Feels like it's vibrating/rattling right where it attaches to the fairing. I cut my radio brackets down this past winter and it made no difference in the vibration/rattle.

·
Registered
593 Posts
windshield vibration

Did you install rubber hose over the radio brackets after you cut them down? You need those brackets tight against the fairing to keep it from moving.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't put any rubber on the radio brackets after I cut them. I was already having the windshield rattle before I hacked the brackets and it's exactly the same after cutting them so I don't think that's the cause. Are you saying that the outer fairing is supposed to rest on the radio brackets for support? Mine was gouging the inside of the fairing from resting on them,so if the fairing needs this support that is one bad design!!!

·
Registered
593 Posts
windshield vibration

Yes. On the newer models they put a stock piece of plastic on the brackets. This just prevents the long nose of the fairing from moving. When i added the rubber to my 05 it was like night and day difference. Try it, it ain't gonna hurt anything. Could be your problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts